PDA

View Full Version : New 2005 SLK55 AMG

Audihead
January 19th, 2004, 15:39
If you like AMG try this site:
mercedes-benz.com/omb/amg/de/cars/series/slk55/index.htm
The new SLK55 is at this site along with some other cool things.

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Erik
January 19th, 2004, 16:30
The front bumper is a bit too much but otherwise it's a nice car.

I've become interested in the SLK C32 AMG for some reason, might have been after I saw a burnout. :D

Audihead
January 19th, 2004, 16:34
Originally posted by Erik
The front bumper is a bit too much but otherwise it's a nice car.

I've become interested in the SLK C32 AMG for some reason, might have been after I saw a burnout. :D

I know what you mean. They are continuing the the SLR theme with the SLK. I saw a burnout too, was a C32 AMG, man that was impressive.

remedy
January 19th, 2004, 18:24
Wow, it's so... ugly. :)

Audihead
January 19th, 2004, 19:10
Originally posted by remedy
Wow, it's so... ugly. :)

Why yes it is. Let's hope they get the C55 AMG right. If Mercedes doesn't then you'll have those people coming to Audi to take our S and RS's away.

nene
January 19th, 2004, 21:27
That new Merc Shnoz really ist not that appealing.
The bumper seems too packed with trim for such a little car. The gills on the side don't belong there,...very disruptive to the car's line.

Did I mention that they really should change the schnoz, and not use the SLR one?

Audihead
January 21st, 2004, 19:56
Originally posted by nene
That new Merc Shnoz really ist not that appealing.
The bumper seems too packed with trim for such a little car. The gills on the side don't belong there,...very disruptive to the car's line.

Did I mention that they really should change the schnoz, and not use the SLR one?

Yes, the gills really belong on an RS4.

Klint
January 21st, 2004, 21:41
I think I also have seen the burnout...was it a black C32 by anychance? ...I've also seen a M5 do a similar thing. doesn't look good for the brakes, clutch etc etc...but what is? :hihi:

AMG should give us the supercharged 500bhp version in the SLK. Then move the par of the higher models up even further.

:cheers:

Audihead
January 21st, 2004, 22:01
Originally posted by Klint
I think I also have seen the burnout...was it a black C32 by anychance? ...I've also seen a M5 do a similar thing. doesn't look good for the brakes, clutch etc etc...but what is? :hihi:

AMG should give us the supercharged 500bhp version in the SLK. Then move the par of the higher models up even further.

:cheers:

Actually it was a silver C32. There is a good site for C32 owners, it is: www.c32life.com . They have some neat stuff on there.