PDA

View Full Version : Anything delicate under the front bumper?

TheBrit
January 12th, 2004, 22:49
I got hit by another car just over a week ago. The damage seems fairly light - bent front wing and bumper. However, either since the accident, or since I had the car serviced (was already booked in a few days after I got hit), I've had a strange "huffing" noise when going into dips in the road and dropping on the suspension, and I may be imagining this, but I'm sure left-hand corners induce more body roll than they should.

Does anyone know if there's anything under that part of the bumper/wing that could have been damaged in the accident?

john hulbrock
January 12th, 2004, 23:02
I notice the same thing when I mounted my snow tires on the ATE wheels- It sounds like the rubber is rubbing on the inner fender well when I hit a dip or the suspension gets compressed. I will be taking the wheels off on Thurs. and look around. Maybe your inner wheel well got bent inwards in the accident?
JH

noushy
January 12th, 2004, 23:10
Humm, seems like you might have the molding rubbing on the wheel/tire. The other thing that is possible is damage to the DRC. However, that would cause it to leak hydraulic fluid, and I think the roll would be the same on both sides. See if you can lift the car, and take the wheel off. Look for rubbing areas, or any wet oily fluid on the suspension parts.

Noushy

Erik
January 13th, 2004, 07:00
Did you check the pdf that's in the members only section?
Might give you a clue!

TheBrit
January 13th, 2004, 07:53
Originally posted by Erik
Did you check the pdf that's in the members only section?
Might give you a clue!
I didn't even notice the new members only section down there Erik, thanks for letting me know about it! :bow:

I'll check that document out, thanks.

Erik
January 13th, 2004, 07:57
Originally posted by TheBrit
I didn't even notice the new members only section down there Erik

You're welcome! Got to give those who register some advantages :)

Bauer
January 13th, 2004, 21:13
Brit-

You must have a bullseye painted on your car somewhere. I am very sorry to hear you got hit agian.....hopefully this is the last time someone hits you. Good luck with the repairs.

TheBrit
January 14th, 2004, 07:51
Originally posted by Bauer
Brit-

You must have a bullseye painted on your car somewhere. I am very sorry to hear you got hit agian.....hopefully this is the last time someone hits you. Good luck with the repairs.
Actually, only one strike on the RS 6 - this happened on the 3rd Jan and I'm still waiting for the insurers to sort things out. :(

However, my wife's A2 did get shunted by a car that failed to stop behind her at a junction just before Christmas and we only got it back last Friday.

Oh and thanks for the support! :cheers:

Klint
January 14th, 2004, 14:19
Wouch, nice to see the RS hold up well.

:cheers:

TheBrit
January 18th, 2004, 12:49
The suspension thing is still unresolved, but I have had an engine management fault light come on. I had it reset, but it came back. It's been diagnosed as "mixture too rich (sporadic)".

We think the accident may have dislodged or damaged the intercooler or pipework on that side and it's probably leaking some boost, hence the mixture being too rich.