PDA

View Full Version : 4 months and 8K miles of bliss. .

Alan
January 11th, 2004, 00:44
just love this car, can't stop driving it, but amazingly have not seen another RS6 on the road. And I thought that Ferraris were exotic. How many other RS6's have you seen in your travels?

JAXRS6
January 11th, 2004, 05:23
Originally posted by Alan
How many other RS6's have you seen in your travels?

Two. Saw none for the first 7-8K miles, including round trip from SE Michigan to California. Then saw my first around September, another Mugello blue, near where I live (Detroit area's east side).

My second sighting was on southbound I-75 in Kentucky in November, at night; I recognized the reflection of his standard exhaust's oval tips as he passed me. I pulled beside him, turned on the passenger side map light & gave a thumbs up; he returned the gesture, then dropped behind me to check my Michigan plates. He exited a short time later, had Kentucky plates.

These cars do look good! I'm at 14,500 mi. & love mine, too. Maybe even too much, I sometimes think.

Erik
January 11th, 2004, 08:25
In Sweden, out of a population of almost 9 million they've sold about 40 cars...

So yes, compared to a Ferrari it's an excotic :addict:

You're most likely to see one in the bigger cities.

TaTaPiRaTa
January 11th, 2004, 10:09
In Poland - population 40 million - they sold less than 10 :hihi:
I have not seen any here.

During my 3 longer abroad trips I have seen only 2 Avants - one in Paris
and
one in ski area in Switzerland.

BTW I haven't seen Ferraris in the same time ;)

:cheers:

Finnus
January 11th, 2004, 18:45
I've had my beast for 7 months now & other than car shows, RS6 meet & my Audi dealer, I haven't seen another. One did see me, Nene & John Hulbrock on the day of our NE meet however (the "Pizza Box" incident LOL) ...

rs6.com/articles/021.html

We'll have to plan another meet for the spring.

Finnus

:addict:

Benman
January 13th, 2004, 01:51
Originally posted by Alan
just love this car, can't stop driving it, but amazingly have not seen another RS6 on the road. And I thought that Ferraris were exotic. How many other RS6's have you seen in your travels?

Same story. Almost 5 months, 10,000 miles and other than Audi meets i have not seen another RS 6 on the road yet (but i HAVE seen several Ferraris)!:cheers:

Ben:addict:

nene
January 13th, 2004, 14:27
I live in the heart of Boston, and I have not really seen as many as I thought I would.

Saw one in Boston (Daytone Grey) when I was driving around in my 540i.
I went to Lexington recently to go for Indian food, and parked right on the road. I actually saw a parking space right in front of the restaurant, and as I'm pulling into the space I realize I'm behind another RS6 (also Daytona Grey). Funny as hell.
Saw a Black RS6 at my friends body shop, but that was a planned occurrence.
Other then that, the only other's I've seen where during the RS6 meet in the Fall Drive.

Being in a big city I thought I'd see more.

There is a meet in Westchester, CT I think for some sort of dyno day. Anyone from here going? I would like to go and meet some peeps.

Here's the other link with info:
Dyno on January 24th (http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/1598.phtml)

Bauer
January 13th, 2004, 16:12
I have seen maybe 4 or 5 RS6's that I did not "know" or were at an event.

Almost 10K......in almost 5 months with no slowing down in sight:D :D .

KEEP:incar:

eph94
January 13th, 2004, 16:23
I have seen one other RS6 here north of Boston, a Mugello Blue beast in the parking lot at the Great Bay Athletic Club in Newmarket, New Hampshire. That was just once and back before I took delivery of my RS6 in August. Since then, nada. I haven't seen the new S4 yet either on the road.

nene
January 13th, 2004, 18:55
I really don't care that one or two dealerships around the area have a couple of the RS6s in the showroom (Clair has 1 I believe).
I still don't see these cars around as much as I expected.
I love that this car is so stealth and really hard to find. Being in Boston I really expected to see more, but no so.

As for the E55, I've seen a few more of them then the RS6. Most importantly, I don't count if it's the same car (looking at license plate of course). Still not too many however, only about 6 of them. Nonetheless, I don't see them everyday either, but I've seen these 6 within the last 2 months.
I've had my RS6 for about 7 months, and have only seen 5 of them, and 2 were because of the Fall Foliage Drive.

As for the new S4, not counting the ones I saw at dealership, I have seen about 10 of them so far. I have seen most colors such as Red/Daytona/Avus/Imola/Nogaro. I parked behind an Avus S4 the other day. Those are beginning to be more common around here, but still not that common.
Funny thing about the S4s though, is that I've seen mostly women driving these cars. I remember when I started shopping for an S4 back in 2000, it was mostly women that I would see driving those cars. Something is just weird about that.

sturs6
January 13th, 2004, 20:17
I have 9100 miles on my car and it was bought September 03. I have seen only one other in town as well as in my travels which have taken me into western Virginia as well as the Atlanta and Augusta area.
The other in town is a black car with black Cargraphic 19's mounted on it. In the area I am in this is a truely stealth car and I have loved every mile and tenth of mile that I have put on it.

-Stuart

JA
January 13th, 2004, 22:44
Just brought my new RS6 home December 18. Cannot get enough of it. I haven't seen another on the road.

btumble
January 18th, 2004, 18:12
How many other RS6's have you seen in your travels?

Not a single one, not even your's Alan. Fellow Bergen County resident. 5200 miles, almost 6 months and still in love.:D

nyrs6
January 18th, 2004, 21:07
i saw one in rockland county NY on the thruway it was avus silver i think or daytona grey with NJ license plates was that u alan it was a wendsday night i think last week

Dark Knight
January 18th, 2004, 21:23
Picked mine up last weekend. I've certainly been looking for one on the road the last couple of months and haven't seen one yet -- which is nice!

Expected to see a couple around my area (just outside of Philly U.S. in the tech corridor) but nothing, seen one S4.

Couple of friends and me may come up to the dyno get together in CT, sounds interesting and it'd be nice to chat with some fellow RS6 drivers.

Alan
January 19th, 2004, 01:17
I was on the Thruway in Rockland in the pm last Wednesday. Mine is a M.Blue RS6 with NJ plates. Were you driving your beast?

JA
January 19th, 2004, 01:38
Hi everyone - I was wondering if any of our somewhat local beastowners (NY, NJ, CT, PA) might have any thoughts or suggestions on a place where I can bring mine and let 'er rip. I'm in Manhattan and always looking for a good day or overnight trip.

Many thanks in advance!

:race: