PDA

View Full Version : Phase I Comlete, Sportec Spring, Exhaust, Wheels

ShankRS6
January 7th, 2004, 21:16
Teaser Pic here, More to come soon. (http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=54257#post54257)

nene
January 7th, 2004, 22:31
Very sweet indeed!

Where are you at? Did the Sportec wheels need spacers? How big if so?

Bauer
January 7th, 2004, 22:32
Shank,

Love the wheels....I have contacted Sportech about them. Did you lose the DRC with the new springs or will they work with the system. My understanding was that the DRC is not compatiable. Also are you going to go with the Recaros? I am still considering it.........god I hate the seats.

Keep us posted on the progress and would love to hear a sound clip from the exhaust.
:cheers:

ShankRS6
January 7th, 2004, 22:37
Originally posted by Bauer
Shank,

Love the wheels....I have contacted Sportech about them. Did you lose the DRC with the new springs or will they work with the system. My understanding was that the DRC is not compatiable. Also are you going to go with the Recaros? I am still considering it.........god I hate the seats.

Keep us posted on the progress and would love to hear a sound clip from the exhaust.

Bauer, the Springs work without issue with the existing suspension. There is some quick release thingamajiggy that makes it easy.

My Mechanic had some phone support with Fabryce at Hartmann Motorsports, but was cake walk.

ShankRS6
January 7th, 2004, 22:40
Originally posted by nene
Very sweet indeed!

Where are you at? Did the Sportec wheels need spacers? How big if so?

Nene,

Yes the sportec wheels came with spacers already mounted on it. Not sure what the mm setting is. Again, Hartmann Motorsports can answer those questions. All I did was say "Gimme dis , I'll take that, "

-Rs

Erik
January 8th, 2004, 07:17
Originally posted by ShankRS6
Yes the sportec wheels came with spacers already mounted on it. Not sure what the mm setting is.

It doesn't say in the catalogue either, but it's called Spacer Kit 10/10 Art.no. 36 81 01 110N.

Looks great! You'll love the chip.

highrustler
January 8th, 2004, 16:52
Shank, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the exhuast system?

Thanks,
James

highrustler
January 8th, 2004, 17:11
Did you ever consider the Sportec chip? Seems like a logical choice as you are building a Sportec RS6. I can't find much info on their chip other than someone from the Sportec factory actually flies to the US to perform the modifications on each induvidual car.

James

Erik
January 8th, 2004, 17:47
Originally posted by highrustler
someone from the Sportec factory actually flies to the US to perform the modifications on each induvidual car.

Say WHAT? :bigeyes: That sounds crazy!

From previous threads:
Sportec Stage 3 conversion in front of me but it's too long to list.
Basically K04.600 Turbos, modified cyilinder heads and gear electronics, upgraded coolers about everywhere, exhaust with sport cats etc. etc.
They claim 600 hp / 6500 rpm and 680 Nm / 3700 rpm.
Top speed approx. 329 km/h dep. on tires and 0-100 km/h in 3.9 secs.

Check this one out! Note the Sportec car is on 20" = slower acceleration vs. 19"

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=548

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118&highlight=sportec+stage

Article in pdf http://www.rs6.com/pdf/RS6x3.pdf

highrustler
January 8th, 2004, 17:59
Gunther (sp?) from Sportec will be here in Colorado in February to do chip upgrades. That is, if my local dealer can get enough cars to make it worth while. I figure there is nobody better to do this than a tech from the source of the product. This might be just a preliminary situation to help the US dealers get up to snuff, though I don't know for sure.

James

Erik
January 8th, 2004, 18:02
Did they ever consider FedEx or DHL to send the ECUs instead?

I'm in money-savin' mode now :bye:

highrustler
January 8th, 2004, 18:07
Apparently, it’s a full hands on tune. Seems like they want to make sure the car is perfect before giving back to the customer. I like!

James

coopsrs6
January 9th, 2004, 02:58
Highrustler---Is your dealer off the hook for all power-drivetrain warranty issues. Sounds like a more customer savy dealer than the one here in Seattle--they had their heads up their ass thru the whole order process & delivery. Love my car tho & will wait to see posted results on your chip & up-grades

highrustler
January 9th, 2004, 03:22
Coopsrs6:

It's not an Audi dealer. They are a performance/race shop. They just won a tuner shootout in one of the Euro car mags with their Sportec 450+ bhp A4 1.8 Avant!

http://www.autosportwerks.com/

James

Finnus
January 9th, 2004, 11:10
Shank,

Thanks for the info. Car looks incredible. Did you upgrade the brakes?

Have you seen Erik's post on the 600 hp Sportec Stage 3 (why settle for 5 whan you can get 6 LOL)? Finally, have you thought of writing an article on your upgrade/tuning process? I would be willing to help write it - send me a PM.

Finnus
:addict: :addict: :addict:

krm
January 9th, 2004, 12:50
Seems like a nice setup, Shank. Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to more feedback soon.

Klint
January 11th, 2004, 12:43
NICE!!

Some sound clips would be nice...;)

ShankRS6
January 17th, 2004, 09:22
Do you have video hosting here? I have some RS6 / Sportec Exhaust vides.

Erik
January 17th, 2004, 17:22
Originally posted by ShankRS6
Do you have video hosting here? I have some RS6 / Sportec Exhaust vides.

Check you pm so we can get the video online. :cheers: