PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo Run - Cool Road-Rally across Europe

Airman
January 7th, 2004, 13:46
There will be a cool road-rally coming up in May 2004. It's called the Torpedo Run ( www.torpedorun.com ) and is held between 7th May 2004 - 14th May 2004.

Let us conquer the streets of Europe! You will drive more than 5000 kilometers on an unknown course through Western-Europe. On the German Autobahn you will be able to drive as fast as you want. You will also experience winding roads in the mountains, cruise along the azure Mediterranean Sea and have fun on legendary race tracks. New challenges and breathtaking events are going to await you at all times! Each night during the rally you will stay in the best hotels of Europe and each day you will experience the most eccentric parties - from the exclusive party at the sea to the hippest clubs.

Feel the suspense and get the adrenaline rush: Torpedo Run will start at a secret location on the 7th of May 2004 in Berlin, the pulsating capital of Germany. There you will receive your clues which will lead you to the first checkpoint. At the checkpoints you can look forward to events you have never experienced like this before.

Whoever has the staying power and determination for such an exciting adventure, should enter the Torpedo Run! Entrepreneurs, car enthusiasts and other adventurers will compete against each other like in the legendary movie "The Cannonball Run". It won't be easy, but you will have a lot of fun and an unforgettable time. Furthermore you will get to know the most interesting people: stylish and eccentric.

Do you have what it takes? Due to the very exclusive events only 30 selected teams will be allowed to participate and to conquer with their cars the streets of Europe during this sensational event. First places are already gone. The earlier you fill out the entry form, the better your chances are to participate in this ultimate road-rally:

www.torpedorun.com

Klint
February 16th, 2004, 21:25
Thanks Christian,

Are you affiliated with the Torpedorun?

If so, have you dated the run closely to the gumball rally on purpose? Thanks! :)

Edit- spelling mistake. :blush:

Airman
February 16th, 2004, 21:37
I'm affiliated with the Torpedo Run. We announced the dates for the Torpedo Run before Gumball launched the website for the 2004 event. Usually Gumball is held in April or ends in the early beginning of May. That's why we thought to held the Torpedo Run in May. We planned the dates for the Torpedo Run with one purpose: It's the best time for the participants ... weather starts to become warm and there's no holiday traffc yet. So the participants will have a lot of fun on the roads and on the events at the checkpoints. At the checkpoints we have racetracks and special events (that could be e. g. a hovercraft-race).

gjg
March 5th, 2004, 00:16
too late to join this year - if you plan to have the event on annual basis than posting the schedule with few months advance (5-6) would help.

We'd be interested for next year.

gg

Airman
March 5th, 2004, 00:26
I posted it in January. Anyways, I will post it for the Torpedo Run in 2005 a little bit earlier. I can also keep you up to date via email. Just send me an email to info@torpedorun.com

gjg
March 5th, 2004, 00:29
ok, will do - we did not know about the event until it got posted here, sorry.

gg

Airman
March 5th, 2004, 00:37
No problem. Just send us an email you will be informed about the important and interesting information about the Torpedo Run ... also about the pictures we will release after the event on uor website.