PDA

View Full Version : Milltek hi flow cats plus downpipes

TaTaPiRaTa
January 5th, 2004, 19:27
HI ALL!

Miltek anounced hi flow cats with downpipes as addition to their sport exhaust.
This may not be news but I got mail from them, they are capable to install this downpipes without removing the engine. In this case the tuning for over 527HP can be done cheaper I suppose as there is much less labor involved.

I would like to go for tuning of over 520HP/ near 700NM with my beast. Most of tuners in this case deliver their downpipes, cats and exhaust as the pipes has to be wider. I wonder if it would be possible to use the Milltek complete set with somebodys software for stage 2,3.... whatever they call it.

Can anybody comment on this?

Erik
January 5th, 2004, 19:35
Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
they are capable to install this downpipes without removing the engine. In this case the tuning for over 527HP can be done cheaper I suppose as there is much less labor involved.

I know an RS6 Saloon in Sweden that has Oettinger tuning, in fact the only one, and they did not remove the eninge to install the cat back.

But it was a full working day to do it still.

TaTaPiRaTa
January 5th, 2004, 19:39
Thx, but which Oettinger tuning 500 or 540 HP?

I can see that Oettinger 540 HP is one of cheapest in this class of performance so maybe you are right about the labor with engine.

If this was 540 can you comment on the sound of the exhaust they install? Can you compare to Milltek one or RS6 standard one.

thx

Erik
January 5th, 2004, 21:30
Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
Thx, but which Oettinger tuning 500 or 540 HP?

I can see that Oettinger 540 HP is one of cheapest in this class of performance so maybe you are right about the labor with engine.

If this was 540 can you comment on the sound of the exhaust they install? Can you compare to Milltek one or RS6 standard one.

I haven't seen the car only spoken to the person who made the actual work on it.

I'd guess the 540 hp kit.

nene
January 6th, 2004, 12:34
It is very possible to use Milltek's full exhaust setup, including DPs, with someone else's upper stage ECU setup.
The question really is: will they sell it to you?

Being that there aren't as many RS6's as there were B5 S4's, it's possible that tuners won't sell you the upper stage coding without you paying/buying for the full exhaust system. I know that the MTM tuner in the USA is very tight like that, but then again, I don't know them that well.

I know that GIAC would always be more accomodating on these things, and sell you their X chip (maybe XR chip) if you had upgraded the full system. But that was for the S4.

Speed Technik
January 6th, 2004, 13:17
530 hp with OCT, Milltek C/B and d/v's, no dp's

TaTaPiRaTa
January 6th, 2004, 14:34
Originally posted by Speed Technik
530 hp with OCT, Milltek C/B and d/v's, no dp's

thx,
What about the torque ( NM ) and acceleration times gained?

Speed Technik
January 6th, 2004, 15:05
Stock Run

http://rimpro.com/stechnik/Forum%20Pics/RS6%20Stock%20Dyno.jpg

O.CT Software, Milltek Cat Back, 2 D/V's (Hyperboost)

http://rimpro.com/stechnik/Forum%20Pics/RS6%20Stage%201%20Dyno.jpg

We ran 11.88 1/4 mile, have slip at home, will post when I have it at the shop.