PDA

View Full Version : Sportec RS6 - up to 600 hp

Erik
January 3rd, 2004, 21:00
A few nice pictures of the Sportec RS6 Avant.
Sportec offers conversions from 500 hp - 600 hp.
With their stage 3 they claim 0 - 100 km/h in 3.9 secs and a top speed of 329 km/h using K04.600 turbos.
I really like their alloy wheels!

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Sportec-RS6-1.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Sportec-RS6-2.jpg

Nice engine! :bigeyes:

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Sportec-RS6-3.jpg

Gustav
January 5th, 2004, 13:10
329 km/h :eye:

Wow if it is correct.

Speed Technik
January 5th, 2004, 14:32
What are we talking here?

Erik
January 5th, 2004, 16:20
Originally posted by Gustav
329 km/h :eye:

Wow if it is correct.

Can't tell and I'm not sure I'd like to try unprepared...

I drove a 500 hp RS6 Avant (stage 1, chip only) and it took me to 300 km/h (speedo) easily. I could not check max speed because of traffic but you can ask Thomas next time you see him. :hihi:
He's probably been up there during his 360 Modena hunting in Italy. :D
Many RS6 tuners quote similar V Max for their high-end upgrades.
True or not? I don't know.

Erik
January 5th, 2004, 16:23
Originally posted by Speed Technik
What are we talking here?

I have the Sportec Stage 3 conversion in front of me but it's too long to list.
Basically K04.600 Turbos, modified cyilinder heads and gear electronics, upgraded coolers about everywhere, exhaust with sport cats etc. etc.

They claim 600 hp / 6500 rpm and 680 Nm / 3700 rpm.

Top speed approx. 329 km/h dep. on tires and 0-100 km/h in 3.9 secs.

Thilo
January 9th, 2004, 07:39
This sounds very nice to me. But how much does the whole package cost ? Can anybody give me some numbers ?

Greetings
Thilo :trash:

Erik
January 9th, 2004, 07:53
Originally posted by Thilo
Can anybody give me some numbers ?

Haha, you're the one in Switzerland! Just like Sportec. :D

Not sure if there are any prices in there but www.sportec.ch can probably help you over the phone. :)

Finnus
January 9th, 2004, 10:33
Thanks, Eric! That car is awesome - 600 hp/680 nm of torque, sub 4 second 0-60!! I agree, the wheels kick. That's Stage 3 - is there going to be a stage 4?!?

Any info on what they did to upgrade the transmission/drive train? Also, does anyone have a feel for the reliability of the car when tuners start "messing" with it that much? Is Sportec available in the US?

Personally, I could care less about the top speed - there's no roads in the US where you could legally and sanely go anywhere near that fast. LOL

Finnus
:addict: :addict: :addict:

iconcls
January 9th, 2004, 11:05
Originally posted by Finnus
Any info on what they did to upgrade the transmission/drive train?

I was wondering the same thing, how are they beefing up the tranny to handle that kind of torque?

Bauer
January 9th, 2004, 15:55
Damit that thing is awsome!!!! Icon.....go get me one:D :D . Love the wheels on it and would be interested if they will sell the package in the US.

Finnus-

Silver State classic in May - thats about the only place I know of where you can go that fast. Problem is at those speeds people keep blowing tires and getting a ride to the hospital or worse the morgue.

My brother in law keeps trying to get me to sign up for it so that we can compeate against his friend in a moded corvette. I am still debating it.:cheers: