PDA

View Full Version : RS6 coming to Canada?

Erik
December 25th, 2003, 18:45
I read rumors that the RS 6 is coming to Canada.

True or False?

http://www.audicanada.ca/

Audi Advocate
December 27th, 2003, 21:40
:roll:

Go for the S4 - fastest Audi Canada will see.

Plus RS6 is too old in the model cycle - S4 is fresh.

:race:

Tanner
December 28th, 2003, 21:22
Correct, about 90 2004 RS6s coming to Canada. Believe it's because the RS6 will not meet the new emission laws in the US in 2004 so Audi is instead bringing these to Canada.

The B6 S4 is indeed nicer also but seeing the RS6 in person I have to say wow. Seeing that thing take off was incredible.

Some photos that I managed to take...

http://www.squigly.com/~tanm/images/20031123_audi_rs6/CRW_6335.jpg
http://www.squigly.com/~tanm/images/20031123_audi_rs6/CRW_6339.jpg

Mike

Julz RS4
December 29th, 2003, 00:14
Too nice, the RS6 is coming to Canada !

:addict:

sturs6
December 29th, 2003, 01:14
Check this thread on AudiWorld (http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/1604.phtml) for a little more info.
I wonder if they are going to bring it to Canada in an Avant?

December 29th, 2003, 03:19
hello. i m from vancouver and the RS6 is coming. :bunny2:

confirmed with the news http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/031219-1.htm as well as the dealer. some dealer already posted announcement soliciting deposits in the newspaper this weekend "2004 RS6 limited edition - accepting deposits".

supposedly 92 cars. didnt ask about whether avant will be available. i am guessing these are surplus (from the possible contracts with OEM parts suppliers, etc etc) from the US emssion control. feb 2004 build dates.

:addict: MSRP $109,000 CAD + usual goodies. i imagine all the cars will be very similar to US spec cars - i.e. no recaros, 18" wheels, same colors, same options. DRL standard here for sure. not so sure what they are doing with the bumper. i thought it had to do with the problem meeting bumper regulations.

honestly i have no idea whether to take the car or not (refundable deposit). i have been waiting for it since the european introduction, and i took my deposit away when it was announced for US only. i have a deposit on the E60 M5 since then, and was planning on making an european delivery trip for it. new deposit on the RS6 when it was confirmed for canada but undecided.

now, my A6 4.2 is on my last year of warranty; as well as the entire A6 (C6) is on its last model year (2004).

Can someone please guide me thru this? Trade in value for the A6 4.2 is nothing to write home about. And I am paying $60k or more to get into an RS6.

what makes Audi of Canada bring out their Top of the line model here on its last model year (A6)?

going from what audi model changes (C4 -> C5), (D2->D3), (B5->B6), i would imagine the current body will look outdated once the new cars comes out, especially when the shield grille is going to take over the entire brand. (analogy - D2 S8 or D3 A8L? )

The interior is quite nice and comfortable, but it is the 90's styling. in a year or two everyone will still recognise it as a RS6 but the older style audi.

the major reason why i think the RS6 is a nicer car (on a daily basis) than the upcoming M5 is probably the traction, which would be nice in the rain and rarely the snow we got here on the west coast.

800-900 (?) cars for the US was already too many as you can see the number of unsold cars on ebay and in dealerships. what makes Audi of Canada think we can absorb 92 cars in this last model year? I think bringing in too many cars will just hurt resale and the image of the RS line in general.

Tanner
December 29th, 2003, 04:11
what makes Audi of Canada bring out their Top of the line model here on its last model year (A6)?

It's not AOC but rather Audi AG. The RS was always an exclusive line and always came out near the end of the model's life. Look at the RS4, same thing, came out shortly before the B6 was introduced.

Man if I had the money to put down on an RS6 I'd get an S4 Avant instead and something else. Still the RS6 is just plain stupid fast! Oh well, will stick with my A4.

Mike

Erik
December 29th, 2003, 08:49
Here the RS4 still hold up value quite good.

However, that car is perhaps a little bit more extreme and might attract a larger crowd due to its smaller size.

Bauer
December 30th, 2003, 17:27
2046-

The RS6 is an awsome car and in my view very different then the M5 or E55. The way the car grips the road is something that has to be experienced. The g force you get on acceleration is addictive. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and travel to Lake Tahoe often, summer and winter so having a car that can handle all conditions is important to me. I can tell you that the only way I can get the car loose is to turn off the ESP in a good rain storm and even then it is difficult. To me there is no comparison if you want a fast car that can carry 4 adults in safety and comfort in any conditions the RS6 is that car.

I do agree that the depreciation thing sucks and Audi has it all wrong releasing the car so late in the model. I hope they dont make the same mistake next time around....but who knows.

Also, I have people come up to me all the time about the car....it is really quite amazing. I did not think the car would get as much attention as it does. If there will be about 90 in Canada....rest asured it will be rare and people will notice it. M5's and E55's are a dime a dozen...not to say they arent great cars...they are...just very common. Whatever you decied I hope you enjoy it and good luck.

P.S. Too bad I dont drive to Whistler as we go every winter. I could let you take the car for a little test run. I think if you drove it the decission would be easy. Just my .02 cents :cheers:

January 3rd, 2004, 01:17
bauer,
thank you for your offer. :cheers:
i m sure the RS6 will win me over.
in the meantime, i am still hoping that they will bring the avant here to canada, that way at least it will be the quickest wagon (oops, i mean avant) around.
otherwise, i will have to see if i will wait and make a trip to germany for the M5 instead, which is a little appealing!
you are right about the abundence of M5's and AMG's... there seems to be way too many M3's and M5's around already.

YS
January 3rd, 2004, 02:41
The information regarding the RS6 is as follows:

1) Canadian allocation is based on the left over from the US allocation (any RS6 not sold by the end of 2003 will be allocated for Canada). Thus the final number wasn't known until yesterday.

2) No avants for Canada.

3) Each large dealer will have an allocation of about 4 cars.

IMHO, I agree with 2046, Canada won't have this many buyer's for the RS6, and thus will have high depreciation. Also, the new RS6 will be out in a couple of years with greater horsepower. For my $109,000 dollars (actually closer to $115,000 with options), the new M5, A8L or the E55 is a better buy.

I would also like to know why the RS6 was not "legal" for Canada last year (due to bumper regulations), but miraculously, it can now be sold in Canada. I guess we are not a large enough market, until Audi has excess inventory.

January 4th, 2004, 08:28
YS, great to hear from another canadian on this.
The E60 M5 would be an excellent buy if you take the european delivery and enjoy the car before it is littered everywhere in town. The A8L is a little too big and the history on depreciations of A8's tell me to stay away. E55 is nice and again, if european delivery is available on those AMG's, would be nicer.

the bumper thing - i thought it also had to do with the intercoolers mounted right behind the bumper and somehow could not meet canada's super high standards... how it miraculously pass is an excellent question. I am hoping Lotus can pull one of this :bunny2: for the elise soon.

YS, any word on the exact number coming? options? i was hoping that they will make the RS6 a little more special for this market since these future owners really waited long for it...

YS
January 5th, 2004, 00:30

I'll find out more info this week, but I've been told that the dealers are not too happy since they must "upgrade" to be able to service the RS cars (I guess more RS cars in the future for Canada). Big investment for the few cars they get, and may have hard time selling. I've been told to wait for a few months (if I'm still interested), since there will be a supply and demand factor in favour of the buyer. Should be able to get one below MSRP, and close to dealer invoice.

gregoryindiana
January 5th, 2004, 02:03
Many USA dealers weren't happy either, given the limited allocation of RS6 cars they were promised in exchange for putting out all the up front cash for the required improvements.

In fact, that is what drove me to buying my car in Louisville; my local dealer refused to pony up the $$$.

Eventually he will have to, I'm sure. But not until the investment can be amortized over a few more cars than possibly 3 RS6.

Meanwhile, the folks at Bluegrass in Louisville were fine to work with. I'll probably go down there for the yearly service, get the interim oil change here.

January 5th, 2004, 02:30
i heard of these required investments and improvements to service the RS6. what exactly are those? supposedly i heard that eventually they will have to invest in these equipments for upcoming models anyways.

not sure about each dealer, but for mine, the first car is ordered by the owner himself...

Erik
May 17th, 2004, 08:20
A few pics:

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/threads/832.phtml#4814

Tanner
May 17th, 2004, 12:36
More pictures (http://www.battlegear3.org/galleries/view_album.php?set_albumName=20040516_lunch)

BTW, we were talking about you Erik ... we were wondering how you get to drive all of those cars there along with that latest video of the RS6 blowing it's tire! :D

7:53 RS6
May 19th, 2004, 21:59
I would not worry that RS6 is made on a old model. Before my RS6 i had 3 diffrent RS4 and when selling them the byers where of course not saying ..."but ther is an new modell out"

The byers of RS6 is not even loking at new A6 even this is a new model. Its a anoather ball game.
But the new M5 is a killer. Try to do donuts whit the RS6 on dry tarmac:cry:
´But then agin a sporty Avant is for me priceles.

:rs6kiss:

Erik
May 19th, 2004, 22:11
Originally posted by Tanner
BTW, we were talking about you Erik ... we were wondering how you get to drive all of those cars there along with that latest video of the RS6 blowing it's tire! :D

Nice pics! Thanks!

More videos coming...

Like Porsche GT3 RS around Nürburgring as well as an RS6 best-of Nürburgring. :hahahehe: