PDA

View Full Version : Time to start downloading...

Erik
December 24th, 2003, 10:00
The ftp (video server) we have gotten used to will not be available in the future .

We are changing internet provided / server and as it looks at the moment there will be no new ftp for videos.

So...take the opportunity to download the videos of your choice while it lasts.

ftp://www.rs6.com/rs6.com/ (please Save as...)

All these videos are 'home made' and I hope the file names will give you a clue what inside before you download.

gregoryindiana
December 24th, 2003, 19:27
I was hoping I could get some of them downloaded, but my home line is SLOOOOW. Next week on the road I could use a DSL line at a Hotel to save me hours of time.

REplica
December 24th, 2003, 20:10
i can't download something,a login error appears:(

EBMCS03
December 24th, 2003, 20:25
Hummm it says page cannot be displayed already....

J/K... I figured it out... I was downloading and i tried to open up the page again and so i was connecting twice. thats why it didnt work.

Klint
December 24th, 2003, 20:32
Works alright for me, Gents. :confused:

Erik
December 25th, 2003, 13:23
The ftp is limited to 20-30 downloaders.

JAXRS6
December 26th, 2003, 00:14
Some are downloading fine, but with others (AudiRS6.avi and AudiRs6-500hp.wmv for example) I get sound but the only video is a changing graphic, sort of psychedelic-looking. Suggestions?

Erik
December 26th, 2003, 09:23
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Some are downloading fine, but with others (AudiRS6.avi and AudiRs6-500hp.wmv for example) I get sound but the only video is a changing graphic, sort of psychedelic-looking. Suggestions?

It's the codec. Software problems can make the most patient person cry :vsad:

JAXRS6
December 26th, 2003, 20:44
Originally posted by Erik
It's the codec. Software problems can make the most patient person cry :vsad:

Anything I can do to make it work?

Erik
December 26th, 2003, 22:19
Anything I can do to make it work?

I have no out of the box solutions. If I had I would make a lot of money...

chewy496
December 27th, 2003, 00:53

what programs are you using to view the video?

JAXRS6
December 27th, 2003, 02:34
Originally posted by chewy496
what programs are you using to view the video?

Being even less of a tech on computers than I am with the RS6, I'm not sure how to answer, but I do know this: When I go to download, I get a box labeled "save as type" which says, "Windows Media Audio/Video File."

But it may be moot at this point, since it appears Erik has removed the videos from his old server; or at least I got a message saying the page is not available when I just tried again now for two that at least gave me sound before.

Erik
December 27th, 2003, 08:53
The ftp is still up and running...

Snow
December 27th, 2003, 10:17
Erik: In a while, I'll be starting up my own Linux-server which will be standing at home running 24/7.

I have a 10Mbit connection, (Bredbandsbolaget), if you are interested, I could host some of the videos (not all, since I only have 20Gb space at least for now).

But I have to install and configure it, so I can't say exactly when it'll be up and running.

If interested, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as it's up and running.

Erik
December 27th, 2003, 10:20
Originally posted by Snow
If interested, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as it's up and running.

Thanks! It's interesting, depending on what happens I'll contact you later.

pING
December 28th, 2003, 17:37
Thanks Erik! I have now more than 700Mb of video material of the Audi RS4,S4,RS6 etc om my harddisk :0:
For people who have troubles playing the videos, you should install DivX codec 5 or higher. I'm not sure, but updating the Windows Media codecs might help too (if you are using WMP ofcourse).

:bow:

offtopic: Some smilies ain't working atm. :error:

Erik
December 29th, 2003, 14:10
The ftp will be down before 2004 so start your savin'...

Erik
January 6th, 2004, 07:41
It is still working, but I don't know for how long.
Could be gone tomorrow or anytime in the future.

gmbh6
January 6th, 2004, 21:42
2004:( :vsad2: .........is it 2004 on Mars yet???

....actually it's allowing "15" downloaders at a time..........so stop downloading you hacks and let me in :mouthshut :hihi: :360: :eye:

urquattro83
January 11th, 2004, 19:51
Erik I've send you a PM about this problem. I hope we can help you!

Simon