PDA

View Full Version : Just got chipped 520 hp

hogan
December 22nd, 2003, 08:01
I just got chipped with the APR chip. Im very happy with the results. The turbo boost seems to be almost doubled when you step on it. You really get pushed back in your seat. The sport mode is scary fast! The car just explodes. I had to back off several times because the car reached 100 mph much faster than before. Raising the shift points makes a huge difference. I cant imagine trying the 100 octane mode. I would bet the 100 octane mode could get me under 4 seconds 0-60mph times. APR makes like very easy changing between 4 different program mode by holding the cruise control set button until the engine light begins to flash depending on what program you select. Programs are Stock Mode, 91,93 and 100 octane and Valet mode. Im looking to also upgrade the air filter and downpipe upgrades from dahlback racing. Keep everyone posted!

Finnus
December 22nd, 2003, 12:34
Cheers & congrats!:cheers: Don't you have 75 mph speed limits in AZ? That will help a little (a very little). LOL

Finnus
:addict:

Erik
December 22nd, 2003, 13:22
Sounds nice! The chipped cars I've tried really doesn't improve the 0-62 mph times so much as the 0 - 100 mph and 0 - 124 mph (200 km/h). I guess it has to do with the tiptronic and the weight of the car.
Not sure if higher octance would increase the performance either if the car is not mapped for it.

Anyway, for sure your take overs will be a lot safer in the future

:MTM:

Bauer
December 22nd, 2003, 19:25
hogan,

Congrats! I am still debating on which tunner to go with when I decied to do it. APR, MTM, and O.CT are the three I am considering. What made you choose APR? The differnt modes are a BIG plus to me.

nyrs6
December 22nd, 2003, 22:42
oct all the way look at fast ones performance numbers. Also look at the difference from stock to chipped BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!

ming 2.7t
December 23rd, 2003, 18:48
Originally posted by Erik
Sounds nice! The chipped cars I've tried really doesn't improve the 0-62 mph times so much as the 0 - 100 mph and 0 - 124 mph (200 km/h). I guess it has to do with the tiptronic and the weight of the car.
Not sure if higher octance would increase the performance either if the car is not mapped for it.

Anyway, for sure your take overs will be a lot safer in the future

:MTM:

Cant speak for the RS6, but for the 2.7T A6 Tip the chip really helped out 0-60mph. Course that was coupled with the GIac Tranny chip too.
We found the tranny chip was a .15-.28 improvement 0-60. And about .25-.4 improvement in the 1/4.
THe ECU chip Giac "S" then "X" chips were very nice.
Stock 0-60 was 6.45 to 6.65
TCU CHip 6.15-6.30
ECU(S)&TCU chip 5.50-5.8 14.0 sea level 65 deg
ECU(X)&TCU chip 5.1-5.3 13.9 1200' 104degrees

With K04 O.CT(Stratmosphere) and Giac Tranny chip still
0-60 4.95-5.08 13.6 1200' strong headwind K03 Software(ran outta breath up high)
Better octane does provide a slight increase in power. The Motronic does adapt plus or minus depending on the octane it detects or pinging and knocking. Also is you unplug the ECU , afterwards the ECU will read at optimim levels until it detects pinging or knocking and pulls back accordingly. We really saw a difference at the strip especially in hot conditions and the higher revs.
I am guessing the RS6 has a similar setup but could be completely wrong on this.