PDA

View Full Version : Can you spot the Subaru?

Erik
December 21st, 2003, 18:09
I sure can. Where's the SAAB?

http://www.sportbilen.se/bildspel.php?cat=saab92x&go=0

krm
December 22nd, 2003, 02:54
Good question. :)

sturs6
December 26th, 2003, 01:35
Leave it to General Motors :bang: to screw up a good Swedish auto.

Audihead
December 26th, 2003, 03:00
Originally posted by sturs6
Leave it to General Motors :bang: to screw up a good Swedish auto.

I agree, but you have to admit they did a good job with the 9-3 though.

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

sturs6
December 26th, 2003, 12:22
Originally posted by Bimmerhead
I agree, but you have to admit they did a good job with the 9-3 though.
Yes Bimmer I would agree with that; I would also have to say they did a pretty good job with the 9-5 which I owned for 2 years. It seems though that the farther we go into the GM owned Saab Scania the more and more they begin to turn to GM design style. But you know I may just be crazy...

-Stuart

darkseid
December 26th, 2003, 15:23
I see a little resemblance to a SAAB in the front, but otherwise it's all Subaru.

It's sad to see this happen to Swedish automobiles. :(

Audihead
December 26th, 2003, 15:39
Stu, you're not crazy. Let's just hope they keep the same combo of great mechanicals and style for years to come. I'm not too worried about mixing Japanese running gear,especally the all wheel drive stuff, with Sweedish coachwork and safety. It might just be a match made in heaven, only time will tell.

Snow
December 27th, 2003, 10:29
It's a shame. The new "Saabaru" is ugly I think. But the most :eye: -part is that it won't be sold in Sweden. I know there isn't a market for it here in Sweden, but they should really focus on coming up with a 9-3 Station wagon instead of trying to get into a market that is already flooded. Its only chance is buyers who want a small SUV, but is it not because of the size people buy a SUV in the first place?

Audihead
December 28th, 2003, 01:34
Originally posted by Snow
It's a shame. The new "Saabaru" is ugly I think. But the most :eye: -part is that it won't be sold in Sweden. I know there isn't a market for it here in Sweden, but they should really focus on coming up with a 9-3 Station wagon instead of trying to get into a market that is already flooded. Its only chance is buyers who want a small SUV, but is it not because of the size people buy a SUV in the first place?

How about a SAAB Rally Car and something along the lines of the WRX STi. They will have almost the same running gear. That should get people in Europe interested, as far as the SUV, there's no shortage of a market for that in the States. Believe me I know when I drive around in my Z3 all I look at is tires, Great view.