PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Bites the Dust

RCV3
December 18th, 2003, 19:22
I doubt I am the first, but my RS bit the dust today. I was parked early this morning reading the paper when a Cherokee hit me head on at 30 MPH or so (after skidding on some ice apparently). Car appears completely destroyed. It is remarkable what an SUV can do to you at that speed. I am fine - the RS is not.

It is a shame after all of the trouble I went through to get the car right to have it demolished. C'est la vie I guess.

GoFastKindaGuy
December 18th, 2003, 19:38
Have your insurance company go get another one while they are still out there. It's only a machine and you are OK. Keep your chin up!

After all, you're OK.

iconcls
December 18th, 2003, 19:40
Most importantly, you're OK; go get a new one ASAP.

Klint
December 18th, 2003, 21:05
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy
Have your insurance company go get another one while they are still out there. It's only a machine and you are OK. Keep your chin up!

After all, you're OK.

Woa!

Sorry about the bad news!

Glad your OK though, That's what a car's most important job (safety of it's occupants) is now-a-days, or is it?...Otherwise we'll all be driving Volvos..:hihi: No Thank You.

Oh yeah, make sure it comes from the Cherokee driver's insurance, not yours. Unless, insurance claims work differently in the states?

:cheers:

Audihead
December 18th, 2003, 21:44
Cars are replacable but people aren't. Very glad you are O.K.! Hope you get a new beast soon.
:s4addict: -Bimmerhead
:addict:

Bauer
December 18th, 2003, 22:08
RCV3-

I am very glad to hear you are OK but it is a shame that the car gets taken away from you so soon after you got it running the way it was supposed too. I hope you get another one, but if you don't I understand. I would be intrested to know what you do end up getting. Have a happy and safe holidays.:cheers:

ZCD2.7T
December 19th, 2003, 12:46
Boy, that really SU**S! :(

Be glad you weren't injured & count your blessings.

IF the car is totalled (a big IF, IMO) what would you buy?

avdh
December 19th, 2003, 15:00
Glad you're OK, but you must be totally gutted....

Benman
December 19th, 2003, 19:37
My condolences on your Beast. Very glad to hear your OK as a car can be replaced but not human life.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Erik
December 20th, 2003, 11:40
Sounds to me like your not supposed to have an RS6 :vsad:

But you're ok and that's what counts.