PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith drives futuristic Audi concept car in the new film “I, ROBOT”

krabu
December 17th, 2003, 13:47
Academy Award® nominee and global film and music superstar Will Smith will drive an unique Audi concept car in the movie I, ROBOT, next summer’s epic action spectacular from Twentieth Century Fox.

The star of some of Hollywood’s biggest box office successes, drives a futuristic Audi sports coupé in his role as I, ROBOT’s detective hero.

Previously, German luxury car maker Audi has supplied production cars to Hollywood moviemakers. But in joining forces with Twentieth Century Fox, Audi has, for the very first time, developed a unique concept car specifically for a Hollywood film.

Audi designers have created a car for a fictional future world that strongly represents the Audi brand claim of “Vorsprung durch Technik”. The resulting Audi sports coupé is a futuristic interpretation of Audi design language which also incorporates specific ideas from Alex Proyas, the film’s director. The technical realisation of the unique Audi concept car was achieved by Audi Design working with its long-term partner Uedelhoven Studios of Germany.

I, ROBOT is inspired by the classic short story collection by Isaac Asimov. In the year 2035, robots are an everyday household item, and everyone trusts them, except one slightly paranoid detective (Will Smith) investigating what he alone believes is a crime perpetrated by a robot. The case leads him to discover a far more frightening threat to the human race. I, ROBOT uses a spectacular, state-of-the-art visual effects technique to bring a world of robots to life.

The first trailers for the movie are in the US-cinemas from 17th December, 2003 and at start of the new year internationally.

Will Smith’s formidable credits include blockbusters such as “Independence Day,” "Men in Black, "Bad Boys" and the recent “Bad Boys II.” He won an Academy Award® nomination for his work in "Ali", the life story of boxing legend Muhammad Ali.

Audi models have been partnering the stars in cutting-edge Hollywood film roles for a number of years now. Apart from John Frankenheimer's classic action movie "Ronin" starring Jean Reno and Robert de Niro (1998), models bearing the famous four rings have played the leading car role in "Mission Impossible II" (with Tom Cruise, 2000), "The Mothman Prophecies" (with Richard Gere, 2002), "About a Boy" (with Hugh Grant, 2002) and most recently in the Reese Witherspoon hit "Legally Blonde 2" (2003).

krabu
December 17th, 2003, 13:47
:D

Klint
December 18th, 2003, 10:52
Looks good!

Interested in seeing what platform Audi base the car around...:)

:cheers:

CarbonFibre
December 23rd, 2003, 09:49
There are more cars than this but here is one I particularly hate:
http://www.laautogallery.com/Images/ImageGallery/257.jpg
http://www.laautogallery.com/Images/ImageGallery/258.jpg