PDA

View Full Version : Curb Rash!!!!!

got turbos?
December 17th, 2003, 00:21
Arrragh I just found curb rash on one of my front (9 spoke) rims. No names, only suspects at this point. Has anyone had any positive experiences getting the rash to go away? It's deep enough to be into the metal. So buffing ain't going to get it. It sounds like a total strip, fix and repaint. Any reccomendations. I have seen ads in autoweek but never knew anyone that reported on results.

GoFastKindaGuy
December 17th, 2003, 02:44
I used TransWheel once on my S6 Borbet T aftermarket wheels. I was pleased with the results.

I don't have the address at home, now. If you cannot locate them on the internet, drop me a pm and I will dig it out at my office.

:bye:

got turbos?
December 17th, 2003, 03:36
GFKG Thanks I found them on the web. I will call to see where they do the work. They seem to have a lot of locations, They seem to have made quite buiness out of refubising wheels.
Thanks

nyrs6
December 17th, 2003, 04:38
Im sorry to hear about it the only place i know is speedsport technik but they are in conneticut unless you are passing in that area that would not help

JAXRS6
December 17th, 2003, 06:16
I don't know if you're interested in having it done professionally, but most cities the size of Cincy should have a shop or two that repairs damaged wheels. I just had mine done at a FL dealer by a vendor they recommended. Right rear wheel was scraped on almost the entire circumference, and the left front had a lesser scrape. Took some doing to get the paint to match, but both now look great at cost of $170. Instructions to me: Don't wash wheels for a week & don't use commercial-style high pressure water for a month.