PDA

View Full Version : Finally Passed my driving test...

Klint
December 14th, 2003, 14:21
...after 13 months of driving lessons, two hours every week, at a cost of over £3,000. Having taken 3 tests within 6 months, and a serious test on my patience...as my instructor wasn't around for many of the test dates, including the last one, which was Friday which also resulted in a pass (thank goodness) and lots of illegal test drives of cars...

Wew! Apparantly my car wouldn't fit into some test standard barriers that's used to parallel park into, but it did easily...that was the instructor's excuse for doing the test in his car, which is a Citroen C3...terrible car, reminds ever so much of a noddy car, also you can't feel anything through the pedals or steering as everything is over assisted. :rolleyes: Keep away at all costs!

(Disclaimer: The stories based on test driving cars without a full lisence etc is purely made up;) ) :hihi:

Now, let the snow come over, so I can play with the car(s) in it...:D

:cheers:

Erik
December 14th, 2003, 15:33
Congrats!

And drive safe! The license is just the beginning.

Klint
December 14th, 2003, 15:50
Thanks Erik,

The license is just the beginning.

That's a good old saying in terms off driving being a continous learning curve...:)

Co\\'boy
December 14th, 2003, 19:22
What a relief when they finally hand over your driving licence isn't it ? :D

Congratulations Klint !!!:incar:

But it costed you a big amount of money thou:( Darn.

I started driving when I was 17 years old, I took my theory exam at the age of 16 years & 9 months. Till I became 17 I took driving lessons with an instructor. Funny guy he was:) and a cool first lesson as well. I had to drive over the pavement to avoid a collision with a lorry. The lorry-driver took his priority. I had priority of coarse and had to jank the wheel :) The curbs where quite high so you can imagine that the car had a rough time there:D. It was a Renault 19 (diesel). My instructor wasn't paying attention at that time, he was busy with eating a candy bar.
It costed my parents around a 1000 Euros (667 Pounds). I drove one year under the supervision of my parents, so I wasn't allowed to drive alone.

Now you can finally enjoy the R32:race:

Enjoy the driving and drive safely. Good Luck mate

krm
December 14th, 2003, 21:55
Congratulations Klint! Drive safely.

Snow
December 14th, 2003, 22:20
Congratulations! Take it easy when the snow comes though... The biggest danger is probably other, not so good drivers. :bang:

Oh, and I think I won't have to tell you to have fun in that R32... :rolleyes:

Benman
December 14th, 2003, 22:36
Congrats Klint:cheers:

As Erik says, the license is just the beginning! Enjoy:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Klint
December 15th, 2003, 10:53
Thanks alot Gentleman (and ladies?)

So far, it's been great fun. :incar:

If and when it snows, I'll be taking the old dog of a 325 out in it, it's balanced better than the R32, along with the front engined rear wheel drive platform should make an interesting time. :)