PDA

View Full Version : I hate to bring up the frequently asked how many question but...

2manycars
December 13th, 2003, 20:56
My dealer still has 3 RS6's in stock. He received 10 or so and told me he was only getting 4. Every dealer has them in stock, and they are being discounted heavily. I feel certain with 2004 weeks away, the resale will only go downhill rather than up as my dealer claimed after they were gone(at this rate that will be months!). I was told hey would produce only 800, then only 900, then only 1200, then 1500. Now I understand they made well over 2000 for the US market. This really sours me on Audi.

By the way, where is my watch?

iconcls
December 13th, 2003, 21:10
I agree, we all got kinda hosed on the allocation, but I really don't think anywhere near 2K came over. In my area the dealers are still holding firm on the few cars they have, nothing is being heavily discounted yet.

GmbHouse
December 14th, 2003, 22:44
I have it on pretty good authority that the actual total is 1160. I personally think the price will stabilize once they stop being built and new stock gets absorbed. There is definitely some geographic reallocation that needs to keep happening. My dealer continues to buy RS6's from other dealers and thinks they may ultimately sell as many as 40 cars.