PDA

View Full Version : Seats / Comfort

C3
December 11th, 2003, 22:42
What are the seats like in the RS6 for long journeys? I can't remember from my test drive.

I currently have an E55 on a few days loan / test drive and the missus has fallen in love with the seats! :hmm:

So far I prefer the RS6 as the E55 just seems to slip and slide all over the place as it's very wet here at the moment, and I can't really get to use the power. The gearchanges are sweet though - the closest to a SMG type box for speed of change that I have yet encountered on an auto.

So I need to know that the seats aren't going to be the cause of lots of complaining - I have to put up with far too much whining from the passenger seat in my M3 at the moment!

wasn
December 12th, 2003, 08:02
the seat on the e55 are just heavier bolstered e series seats, on the rs6 , if u get the recaros, they make just about everything else uncomfortable, and last i looked they're the same ones in the aston martin vanquish. Also natural leather has a nicer feels to it than nappa.

rene02rene
December 12th, 2003, 11:51
The Recaro seats are just the most confortable seats you can find, from the driver's point of view. As a passenger, I would prefer the Bentley Arnage T seats... or the Maybach's

TheBrit
December 12th, 2003, 13:33
I've done 4hr+ stints in the RS 6 and no real problems. The Recaros are nice and supportive once you get into a good position, but one problem I have is the thigh support is a little weak (even with the extended support) for my liking.

The problem is that the height adjust only works on the entire base - the S8 I had previously could adjust the front and back seat base indivifually, so I could tilt the base up a bit for more thigh support.

I've had a good play about and I now have a position that's comfortable enough, but I am making a little heel-mark in the carpet in front of the accelerator (the other pedals obviously don't get as much use!).