PDA

View Full Version : Next car Question

RobertV
December 11th, 2003, 14:07
This is my addiction!!!
The wife's TT goes back in 23mths, at that time she gets the S6.
I want AWD and it has to be fun to drive. I am not allowed to get another motorcycle, so the car will need to scratch that itch (I have had 4 bikes and put about 36K miles on the road, wife knows that I am a nut on two or four wheels, thus the ban on bikes.)
Some thoughts I have: C4S or RS6 (new RS6 should be out by then?) I have always dreamed about a Pcar, but many Pcar owners state that the RS6 is a better all around car.
So if you could dream about your next car, what would it be and why? New only please (unless it is an exotic!!!)

steve
December 11th, 2003, 14:21
If you want fast and 4x4... then take an RS6. Allround it can't be beaten.

Ofcourse if you wan't to go the exotic way... Subaru Impreza, lancen EVO 8 or why not a skyline R34(really exclusive :p )

but then me personally I'd take an Honda NSX-R over those.

But for everyday... let them deliver that RS6 Avant:) It is superb in everything.

greeets,

Steve

ksurg
December 11th, 2003, 15:01
Both the C4S and the RS-6 are great vehicles. They are, however, very different. I own a C4S and just passed on a RS-6. For me the RS-6 would have been more practical but I passed because of financial considerations.
Though the RS-6 is "faster" I would not say it is more fun to drive( but usually more comfortable particularly for passengers). The C4S is a dedicated sportscar, especially with the manual gearbox. The RS-6 being larger and heavier can not match the quickness and feel of a C4S.
That being said the choice really depends on your needs and tastes. Coming from a motorcycle I suspect the C4S would be the better match. It might be an anomoly but I have at least a half dozen friends who went from bikes to Porsches.:cheers:

Jetset
December 11th, 2003, 15:18
In approx 2 years, slightly pre-owned porsche 911 Turbo and GT2 and why not 360 modena should be in the same price range as RS6 and brand new C4S... Love RS6:s but once you have driven 911 TT there's now way back.

Alan
December 11th, 2003, 15:26
If you want an all-weather "barnstormer" - highway and byway monster and need to carry more than 2 people, there is no question that the RS6 is the car for you.

If you want a car that is about handling and steering finesse, feels like an "extension" of your body and always leaves you smiling (but isn't your primary vehicle for snowy weather - not that the C4S or 996tt couldn't be a good snow car but they are low), a p-car will fit the bill.

I own (or owned) RS6, C4S and 996tt - love(d) them all, but differently.

Audihead
December 11th, 2003, 15:42
Robert V, If you are wanting an RS6 you might want to act fast. According to what I've heard on the boards it seems that we won't have the RS6 in 2004. Maybe some other members can chime in on this. I believe it is because the RS6 won't make the emissions standards set forth for the new year here in the States.
If this is true you only have about 3 weeks left, or wait til '06 or '07 for the next Gen. .

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

RobertV
December 11th, 2003, 16:00
I would think that in 2005, the new M5 and new RS6 should be here in the US.
Used TT Pcar or 360 Modena.....now I did not even think about the 360....that would be amazing!!!! Would need to get a great warranty on those.
If we could get the RS6 Avant here, I would have one now.
Thought about NSX, but no AWD???
I do know that I should not drive any of these cars before I am ready to buy. I know that the Audi TT would be traded at a huge loss to me, just to get one of them now ;)

Bauer
December 11th, 2003, 16:10
New RS6 should be out 06 but I would hope sooner. :cheers:

Benman
December 12th, 2003, 20:53
Originally posted by Jetset
In approx 2 years, slightly pre-owned porsche 911 Turbo and GT2 and why not 360 modena should be in the same price range as RS6 and brand new C4S... Love RS6:s but once you have driven 911 TT there's now way back.

The Porsches perhaps but NO WAY could you buy a 2 year old Modena for RS 6 money.

GmbHouse
December 12th, 2003, 21:03
I don't think we will see a "new" RS6 by '06 either.