PDA

View Full Version : Sedans vs. Avants (super BWW, ~1.1MB for two images)

LMGotts
December 11th, 2003, 07:18
A little impromptu GTG earlier tonight in Palo Alto, CA:

http://www.digitalfields.com/sedans_v_avants_01.jpg

http://www.digitalfields.com/sedans_v_avants_02.jpg

Finnus
December 11th, 2003, 12:56
Excellent photos - great resolution. Thanks!

Finnus

:addict:

Snow
December 11th, 2003, 13:02
Wow, cool photos! I love the subtle bulb-effect in the background. Professional photographer?

:0: :addict:

krm
December 11th, 2003, 13:13
Great pics, LM!

Cheers.

ZCD2.7T
December 11th, 2003, 15:09
OKAY, broken record here:

"Gorgeous photos, as always, LMG !!"

Didja drive the RS6? (I HIGHLY recommend it, BTW)

:hihi: :cheers:

Klint
December 11th, 2003, 15:53
Nice!

I think the exposure might of been open abit too long. Otherwise great shots!

What camera was used for those? Clearly a tri-pod was also used. ;)

:cheers:

LMGotts
December 11th, 2003, 17:11
Dark, wet, and unfamiliar roads...

Randy was ready to let anyone give it a spin, but we were all too shy to drive it. Kinda wish I would've as it'll probably be a while before the opportunity comes up again. OTOH, it would have made my drive home a little disappointing...

:)

LMGotts
December 11th, 2003, 17:21
They were taken with a Canon 10D. The exposures were really pretty crazy...sodium vapor lighting (or something like that); the original shots were very orange colored! All four cars had a 15 second exposure (f/13) and the two sedan shot was either 3 seconds (f/2.8) or 8 seconds (f/4.5)...most definitely I had the tripod assist!

Just a hobbiest. :)

ZCD2.7T
December 11th, 2003, 17:56
Originally posted by LMGotts

Randy was ready to let anyone give it a spin, but we were all too shy to drive it. Kinda wish I would've as it'll probably be a while before the opportunity comes up again. OTOH, it would have made my drive home a little disappointing...

Oh, man - opportunity knocked, and you ignored it!!! :confused:

Personally, the FIRST opportunity I got to drive one, I took it. I met a certain owner (who shall remain nameless, lest he be beset by n00bs wantin' rides) at a point about midway between our respective homes. (Still took us each about 40 minutes to get there. He's a REALLY nice guy, obviously) Even though there was lots of traffic, it was a HOOT.

You wouldn't be disappointed on the way home, but it would confirm your worst fears.... :hihi: :addict:

Snow
December 11th, 2003, 18:00
15 seconds exposure! :eek: I would have guesss 3 seconds, as in the second photo. Maybe thee street behind the cars wasn't heavily trafficed? :D Nonetheless, great photos. Great nightshots and bulb-shots are almost impossible without a what's-it-called (?) :)

rs6w
December 12th, 2003, 07:05
Originally posted by LMGotts

For you the offer is always available!

Next time we meet in daylight!:addict:

Bauer
December 12th, 2003, 22:24
LMGotts-

Nice pics. Next time you guys are looking to get tpgether shoot me a PM, I would love to attend if that is OK. I dont want to be presumtious:cheers:

LMGotts
December 13th, 2003, 00:01
Originally posted by Bauer

Nice pics. Next time you guys are looking to get tpgether shoot me a PM, I would love to attend if that is OK. I dont want to be presumtious:cheers:

It was just short notice and I actually had some bidness with a couple of the guys!

We really should meet for a spin on Redwood Rd. and a coffee or dessert at Chow down in town sometime soon! :)

-Larry

P.S. Who do I petition for a waving S6 flag icon? :deal:

AvusRS6
December 13th, 2003, 19:41
That's the "cleanest" digital pic I've ever seen.