PDA

View Full Version : New car update

AvusRS6
December 11th, 2003, 06:12
Well, I ended up buying a Brilliant Silver E500, what can I say...

The car is how can I put it...flat out boring but it is smooth and quiet. I guess that's the price of being a daddy now! :D

What really sux is, when I drive this car, so far I had 3...yes count em, 3 E39 M5s trying to pick on me :( Funny how when I had the RS6, out of 10 like 9 of them would be so chicken shit...I guess they want an easy kill...

Well, I don't know how long I can last in this car but we will see...911 TT next, maybe?

ksurg
December 11th, 2003, 06:46
There's life after fatherhood. I got my C4S after having my third child. That's what mid-life crisis is for. The way my wife looks at it, a sportscar is a lot better than a girlfriend. Oh and BTW getting my sons into high performance cars is paying off in spades. The oldest is only thirteen but he's a great advocate for getting something well powered or exotic.
As for the E500...it's perfect. I can't think of a better car to keep a great residual for when you trade it in for the V10 '06 RS-6.:addict:

Matteus
December 11th, 2003, 11:25
Is it the new 7G-tronic gearbox?
I hear it's a fantastic gearbox.

matteus

Bauer
December 11th, 2003, 16:04
Avus,

Dont worry, it is just temporary. :cheers:

AvusRS6
December 12th, 2003, 22:18
Originally posted by Matteus
Is it the new 7G-tronic gearbox?
I hear it's a fantastic gearbox.

matteus

Yes, it's 7G-tronic....the gears do seem about the same as 5 speed E500...I wonder why they made 7 speed...

Anyway, I let my wife have the car after 262 miles...great cruiser but boring...took out the baby seat out of the Lexus LX470 and put in the E Class. I'm now driving a LX470 (doesn't get any more boring than this gents)

I think I will keep the LX for a daily driver and get myself a 911TT next year.

Ra5a
December 12th, 2003, 22:47
fuel economy, i guess