PDA

View Full Version : Maybach

Bill_Payer
December 9th, 2003, 12:47
The other week I saw a Maybach on a car transport at Essingeleden, a heavy trafficed road in Stockholm. I didn't know the delivery had started, but I might be wrong.

Anyboy know any swedish order on this beast? Any pics maybe?

/ Bill

:eye:

Klint
December 9th, 2003, 14:45
Wow! You lucky bunny.

I have yet to see the Maybach, but from the pictures I would take the Rolls-Royce Phantom over the big "M" branded 'Benz. :p

Someone might know who's it is, as there's alot of activity/participation from our Swedish friends. :)

I can see it being owned by someone high up, Politically or a self made millionaire. Is there a good chance it's going to a Limo company? :confused:

:cheers:

krm
December 9th, 2003, 19:46
While in London I saw a black/grey two tone colored Maybach 62 parked on two different occasions on Hill Street in Mayfair. Last eve in NY, I saw the exact same color Maybach 62 in front of Four Season's. A colossal size car with great presence.

Clint, they have a two tone green one in the Harrods window display. I agree with you that the Phantom is more appealing.

:cheers:

itisme
December 9th, 2003, 20:01
We were speeding 200km/h with opel astra to get this pic.. we had to give up persuid because of a 120km/h limiter and the maybachdriver didn`t care about that fact :D...

it was on the way to Essen Motorshow.. may be it was Mohamet Ali because he had to drive to Hamburg this day and it was on the way to Hamburg and he owns one.

Bill_Payer
December 10th, 2003, 19:05
Well I don't believe anyone in politics in Sweden would get that car, they may afford a Clio or something.

Anyway, the market for limos ain't that big in Sweden either so I doubt they would get any money from a deal with a Maybach. Probably someone who will stuck it with the rest of his (probably a male) cars in the garage. Maybe his McLaren F1 needs someone to chat with during the cold lonely nights? :devil:

Too bad they see it as a investment. I think a V12 biturbo should be driven!

/ Bill

gmbh6
December 10th, 2003, 19:30
HEY ITISME......IT LOOKS LIKE THE MOTORHOME ON THE RIGHT IS OUT RUNNING YOU BOTH :D

urquattro83
December 10th, 2003, 21:30
I've seen a maybach in the Netherlands,

THIS CAR SUCKS, WHAT A AWFULL CAR for so much money.

I'm sorry but absolutely a non-styling car!

Give me the upper-bmw;) Or better a A8W12

Jetset
December 11th, 2003, 15:26
Have heard that there's 3 maybach 57's ordered to Finland..!

Such a small country it is... :bunny2:

Peevo
December 11th, 2003, 19:49
I saw two Maybach in Porjus, northern Sweden. It was about two years ago. One of them were shorter than the other.

krm
December 11th, 2003, 20:11
Originally posted by urquattro83
I've seen a maybach in the Netherlands,

THIS CAR SUCKS, WHAT A AWFULL CAR for so much money.

I'm sorry but absolutely a non-styling car!

I believe it is not Maybach's design intention to stand out from the crowd but to be a discreet ultra-luxury car. It works quite well for executives, officials, or any rich person who desires for the greatest creature comfort in a car but wishes to stay out of the spotlight.

On the opposite end of the design spectrum, I think the RR Phantom works very well as an ultra-luxury car that simply yells 'look at me!'.

I find both very appealing for what they are.

Audihead
December 11th, 2003, 21:58
Originally posted by Peevo
I saw two Maybach in Porjus, northern Sweden. It was about two years ago. One of them were shorter than the other.
They have Two different sizes, the shorter is the 57 the larger is the 62. The small one is supposed to be for personal use. The big one is the chauffered type.
:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

oswald
December 13th, 2003, 02:17
he, he, I just saw a Maybach while driving out for something to eat. It just crossed my way and I was like "WTF?!" :-) Nice car, I respect this size ;-)

CarbonFibre
December 14th, 2003, 08:47
I personally think that this car is hideous having seen more than one in person myself.