PDA

View Full Version : USA configurations/options

MountainAudi
December 13th, 2002, 04:31
Can anyone that has ordered an RS6 at a US dealership divulge whether they've heard anything about options that are and aren't available, delivery dates, and such? I've seen little information come forth are those that have orders in just as much in the dark as I am?

Thanks

JP4
December 13th, 2002, 06:55
To the best of my knowledge it's not yet possible to order an RS6 in the USA and the configurations/options are not available either.

Erik
December 13th, 2002, 10:26
jconley posted as pdf file with the USA spec. before:

US RS6 Specs PDF (http://gotperl.com/03rs6.pdf)

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35&highlight=US+RS6+Spec+Sheet

Edit: he seem to have removed the file. If I saved it I'll host it.

JP4
December 13th, 2002, 13:28
I sure hope you saved it Erik. I would really like to see it.

Thanks for ckecking!

Erik
December 14th, 2002, 18:26
It is now online on RS6.com :addict:

RS6 US Spec sheet (http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/2003-Audi-RS6-US-Equipment.pdf)

JP4
December 15th, 2002, 06:40
Thanks Erik! The .pdf file is very helpful. :360:

JP4
December 15th, 2002, 07:02
Can someone give me a little input on the gray poplar wood trim vs the carbon fiber interior? I'm leaning toward the carbon fiber but not having actually seen either one in person makes the choice a bit difficult for me. It's obviously a matter of personal choice but some opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!:rolleyes:

Erik
December 15th, 2002, 11:14
Since RS6 is high-tech I would go for carbon fiber.
I could not stand the sight of a rain forest everyday, so brown wood is out of the question.

There is a special panel called Piano, which is black (piano) and somewhat nice but as soon as you touch it you have to clean it.

If you would like to go special, I am sure there are options from quattro GmbH. Ask your dealer, he probably doesn't have this either but he could get it for you.
My dealer sent me a 30 page Excel file :deal: with all the quattro GmbH options. You could get fire extinguisher, special panels, Alcantara roof, special gear knobs etc. fitted just an example.
Just don't take no for an answer!

I tried to get carbon fiber in my A6 2.7T but they simply wouldn't let me. The standard Alu-panels are quite nice though.

scoop
December 15th, 2002, 11:26
I'd go for alu panels or carbon (I ordered alu for mine). That piano stuff is way too sensitive. You get a lot of scratches on there in very little time and it'll never look polished and shiny if you don't clean it on an hourly basis. :)

JP4
December 15th, 2002, 23:38
Your thoughts on the interior inserts are helpful and are similar to my own. Is there any chance I could get you to e-mail me that excel file? That sure would be cool.:cool: I 'm sure there are a few items at least that I would be interested in.

JP4

Erik
December 15th, 2002, 23:40
I had a similar request already. Going away for a few days now but will check later and let you know if I have it (different computer.)

Great things will happen next week with RS6.com :addict:

JP4
December 16th, 2002, 05:00
Thanks Erik. Have a safe trip!

JP4:bye:

TheBrit
December 16th, 2002, 13:03
Originally posted by JP4
Can someone give me a little input on the gray poplar wood trim vs the carbon fiber interior?

Here's a couple of pics of the Poplar trim.

TheBrit
December 16th, 2002, 13:04
:D

JP4
December 16th, 2002, 14:19
Pictures ALWAYS help. Thanks!

TheBrit
December 16th, 2002, 14:28
No problem, hope they're useful.

If you want an opinion, I'd steer clear of the poplar trim, especially if you are thinking of black leather. It suits the silver leather better than it does the black, but I still think carbon or aluminuim will look better overall.

The A8 is the place for wood, the A6 (and especially the RS6) look too modern, IMHO.

JP4
December 16th, 2002, 14:52
I'm absolutely interested in your opinion. Especially since you've seen it "in the flesh". Right now I'm leaning toward the carbon fiber and silver interior.

Erik
December 16th, 2002, 16:42
Originally posted by JP4
Thanks Erik. Have a safe trip!

JP4:bye:

Thanks!

Sitting in the Audi Picadilly Circus Showroom now.

They have a pretty cool Abt allroad 2.7TQ in here.

c_j_terry
December 26th, 2002, 21:56
Originally posted by Erik B
My dealer sent me a 30 page Excel file :deal: with all the quattro GmbH options.

I'd really love to be able to look at what the entire scope of changes that quattro GMBH can offer!

Erik
December 28th, 2002, 17:21
I will try and get the Excel file.

Try this link to see different options:

http://www.audi.com/de/de/neuwagen/a6/rs_6/details/details.jsp