PDA

View Full Version : Wow, this M3 driver takes 'talking out of his arse' to a new level

Klint
December 8th, 2003, 19:56
Interesting discussion going on here (http://216.118.86.224/m3forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19789).

As you can see, I replied to one post that really caught my eye. :rolleyes:

:cheers:

P.S I have no intentions of provoking flame wars between the forums. etc.

gjg
December 8th, 2003, 20:17
that is crap of shit - I can testify that even with my 95 S6 Avant M3 would not do it, and we're at least 60 hp lower thant RS6. I drove recently with my good friend who had M5'a (last one being 2001 model) and he was very clear on high speed performance difference between the two cars (M5 and Lehman S6). Got video somehwere too if I can get to backup servers.

oh well, the "wish" is the father of the thought as people in the east would say.

However - in Prague many of the locals would specifically state that BMW (and specifically the M3 or 3 series in general) is nothing but compensation for certain physical deficiencies of the male owner ......

oh well, here we go again ..

Artur Costa
December 8th, 2003, 20:48
Originally posted by gjg
that is crap of shit - I can testify that even with my 95 S6 Avant M3 would not do it, and we're at least 60 hp lower thant RS6. I drove recently with my good friend who had M5'a (last one being 2001 model) and he was very clear on high speed performance difference between the two cars (M5 and Lehman S6). Got video somehwere too if I can get to backup servers.

oh well, the "wish" is the father of the thought as people in the east would say.

However - in Prague many of the locals would specifically state that BMW (and specifically the M3 or 3 series in general) is nothing but compensation for certain physical deficiencies of the male owner ......

oh well, here we go again ..

The S6 keeps up with a M3 ?? Dont make me laught!
I dusted a friends S6 with 340BHp with my dads M5 (the E34 with 347bhp)...the M3 kills my M5 easly so you can understand what I meen!

BTW its known that the E39 M5 is faster than a stock RS6 over 160km/h and that over that speed a M3 can keep up with a RS6...

GmbHouse
December 8th, 2003, 20:56
Without admitting anything here, I have personal knowledge of a recent impromptu run against an E46 M3. It started at 60 mph on an open, deserted freeway. The M3 took off first, because someone has to, and had a body length before the RS6 driver hit the gas. As soon as he did, however, the RS6 immediately caught and passed the M3 and continued to pull on it up to 140 where the "holy s**t" factor kicked in and the brakes were rapidly applied. It was all very friendly and happened very quickly, but it was no contest.

iconcls
December 8th, 2003, 21:00
SLVRBLTM3,

...eventually the RS6 would melt away his rubber, making the car handle more poorly and eventually the M3 would be able to overtake the RS6. Speed GT world challenge this year would prove my point.

Why yes it would, Pobst took 1st. and Audi won manufacturers.

gjg
December 8th, 2003, 21:20

Arthuro, this particular S6 Avant is in Prague. Please feel free to stop by for a test drive, no problem. Perhaps it would help to have some info - this is AAN Lehman tuned, Abt suspension.

I do not want to get in to Audiworld style pissing contest here, just bring the car here and we will run the test, real drive, no bimmer driver bullshit. BTDT. And no problem with publishing data here.

And the RS6/M3 compare - let's get serious........

gg

nyrs6
December 9th, 2003, 00:21
No Way motor trend tested the M5 against the rs6 and the rs6 was faster. The M3 is slower than the rs6

nyrs6
December 9th, 2003, 00:21
No Way motor trend tested the M5 against the rs6 and the rs6 was faster. The M3 is slower than the M5

Artur Costa
December 9th, 2003, 01:03
Originally posted by gjg

Arthuro, this particular S6 Avant is in Prague. Please feel free to stop by for a test drive, no problem. Perhaps it would help to have some info - this is AAN Lehman tuned, Abt suspension.

I do not want to get in to Audiworld style pissing contest here, just bring the car here and we will run the test, real drive, no bimmer driver bullshit. BTDT. And no problem with publishing data here.

And the RS6/M3 compare - let's get serious........

gg

Well its quite simple!
Isnt the S6 a 4.2L with 340bhp?
Doesnt it weight 1800.Kg?
Isnt it a Quattro?

So my M5 has 1730kg , 347bhp and RWD so less power loss!
It would be a nice chalange!

And dont get me wrong , its just that I raced lots of times a friends S6 and no way he can keep up!
About data I can try to get a vid of me and hem! :byeM5:

gjg
December 9th, 2003, 06:16
Well its quite simple!

AAN engine is 2.2 Turbo (less weight than 4.2), Lehmann setup is approx. 390+bhp.

There is no sense to waste bandwith as your M5 is loosing proposition - if you're in the area let me know.

Caution, quattro is addictive

milkandjuice
December 9th, 2003, 07:16
M3 252kw and 1525kg 6.05kg/kw
RS6 331kw and 1840kg 5.55kg/kw

I understand that quattro would rob a little more power at the wheels but those power to weight figures don't lie.

And that video, gee if that M3 has got just an exhaust, then were all wasting our time cause imagine if an aftermarket chip would also have those sort of significant gains then why buy a pagani or bugatti, we could all just buy an M3 and put a 300kw exhaust and chip package on. Pfft!!!!

A stock M3 beating a stock RS6, give me a break!!!!

wasn
December 9th, 2003, 07:32
A stock M3 beating a stock RS6? LOL!! , So did u wake up after that dream? i can tell from personal experience the e55 yes maybe if your a very good driver on a good day, but the M3-5 no way!! and from years of drag racing i know that on the road the car with higher trap speed will win. no if or but, and sorry to point out the truth, that neither the m3 or m5 has a decent trap speed. Last of all would u want to drive a car that u can get 100% out of it 90% of the time or would u drive a car that u hopefully can get 90% out of it 10% of the time, weather permitting.

McBurn4ever
December 9th, 2003, 08:21
At ~00:50 in this movie you have the answer to if the M5 can overtake the RS6 or not..
..plan and simple.. NO WAY! :roll: :roll:

ftp://www.rs6.com/rs6.com/Tribute-to-Audi-RS6.wmv
(save as)

Btw:
The RS6 is the only car in its class that pulls 1.0 in G-force when accelerating.
The rest of the competition (E55, M5, Jagu...) all stoped at ~0.55-0.65

Alan
December 9th, 2003, 12:09
driver. He was talking crap about how much faster his car was then my RS6. So I shot him. I then reminded him it was all about the driver, not the car and that since he was dead, my car is faster.

javascript:smilie(';)')
Blink gif

ZCD2.7T
December 9th, 2003, 13:59
More fuel for their fire: (FACTS, not hearsay or "I betcha my car's faster"...)

http://216.118.86.224/m3forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19789

jgun81
December 9th, 2003, 16:12
I've owned 02M3 and...what can i say...

RS6 is faster :D end of story...

gjg
December 9th, 2003, 21:14
typical bmw attitude ....... they need lo learn hard way. Some days back I've had briefly 1.9 D badge on my Avant and after about 60 km of several unsucessfull attempts by M5 he finally got me at a gas pump.

"Never seen diesel going that fast .... don't you have wrong pump going?"

"Nah, runs better on 98 Petrol ...."

Erik
December 9th, 2003, 21:17
Originally posted by gjg
Some days back I've had briefly 1.9 D badge on my Avant and after about 60 km of several unsucessfull attempts by M5 he finally got me at a gas pump.

"Never seen diesel going that fast .... don't you have wrong pump going?"

"Nah, runs better on 98 Petrol ...."

LOL!!!

You re-badged your RS6 into a 1.9 Diesel and outran an M5? :hihi:

That is so cool (and evil)! :incar:

:addict: :race:

gjg
December 9th, 2003, 21:24
this badge was on my S6 Avant (Lehmann 390+ bhp) for few months but had to take it off as too many idiots (namely the "b's" and "v's" tried arrogantly to go by ...

But it was fun .....

Bauer
December 10th, 2003, 00:32
Well looks like the administrator over at the M3 board has had enough of us. Cant get on the chat boards:eye: . I guess they dont like reality comming in on their fantasyland. Next they are going to say a M3 with JUST kellners Exhaust is faster and handles better then an Enzo.

You know, if you dont check your facts and will not even consider what you are saying could be wrong then your pretty foolish and get what you deserve. The fact that we get shut out over there is pretty childish. Grow up and have an adult conversation. Covering you ears and yelling like a kid, "NA NA NA I AM NOT LISTENING" is not very mature.:cheers:

ZCD2.7T
December 10th, 2003, 13:20
I really can't believe that I/we've been locked out of that site!!!

(I also don't know how they did that - I cleared "Cookies", etc., but it must have something to do with the IP address, I'd guess.)

In any case, I sent the admin. this message a few minutes ago:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I register for your forums, make some STATEMENTS OF FACT
regarding the relative performance of the M3 vs. the
RS6, and for this, I/we apparently get locked out from your
boards?????????

Why? What did I do wrong?

No, you don't OWE me an answer, but you could offer a fellow
car enthusiast SOME justification for this heavy-handed move.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a bunch of babies!

Klint
December 10th, 2003, 13:26
Wow!

I thought it was just me. :eek:

Usually the Admin/Mods are very lenient, towards much worse things. Such as "Post Whoring", Flame wars etc...Weird that this action has been taken.

Could it be possible it's a server failure? Or is it a genuine blockage from going anywhere near it? :confused:

iconcls
December 10th, 2003, 13:34
It's all ZCD's fault, quoting all those facts and your fancy talk, that'll learn ya. ;)

Klint
December 10th, 2003, 13:37
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Interesting!

I cleared my cookies, history then used a proxy server somewhere in Bolivia, it appears that the forum is still blocking incoming err...interest(?) .

ZCD2.7T
December 10th, 2003, 13:44
Originally posted by iconcls
It's all ZCD's fault, quoting all those facts and your fancy talk, that'll learn ya. ;)

Yes, I've found that a**holes really HATE it when FACTS are brought into their discussions.:hihi:

Or, perhaps it's a server problem, and I'm all riled up about nothing!

Rally
December 10th, 2003, 16:16
Maybe the thread was deleted. What is the main forum address?

Erik
December 10th, 2003, 17:08
I toasted a Subaru Impreza GT in my A6 2.7T today. That's a fact - AND FUN! :MTM: MTM Power!

ZCD2.7T
December 10th, 2003, 17:14
Originally posted by Rally
Maybe the thread was deleted. What is the main forum address?

http://www.m3forum.com/

I tried to access the forums from the main page, and got the same denial message.

All very "mature" of the web admin., dontcha think? :flamed:

Finnus
December 10th, 2003, 17:23
I guess they don't want us playing in their sandbox... LOL

It won't be long until the new M5 is out and then the BMW boys and girls will have their day. Its best not to get too worked up about any of this. Sooner or later, there's always going to be something newer, faster, "hotter" ...

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

iconcls
December 10th, 2003, 18:04
Someone has to have an IP that can gain access, no? Then of course relay how the circle-jerk thread is going.

Erik
December 10th, 2003, 18:25
Someone has to have an IP that can gain access, no? Then of course relay how the circle-jerk thread is going.

They probably put the thread in the trash.

ZCD2.7T
December 10th, 2003, 19:20
I really can't believe that they deleted that thread.

I suppose that my username has also now been deactivated....but I can't even get to the "Register Now" link.

Ba*stards! :bang:

gmbh6
December 10th, 2003, 19:22
I POSTED THIS SOMETIME BACK.....

THERE'S ONE MORE I'LL LOOK FOR IT.

RS6 THREAD (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1923) :addict:

gmbh6
December 10th, 2003, 19:27
RS6 V. M3

ON THE STREETS OF LOS ANGELES......ENJOY :addict:

CLICK HERE (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2077&highlight=M3+PCH)

gjg
December 10th, 2003, 21:15
I'm locked out of M3 bullshit as well ..... some people simply can't handle the truth. :vsad2:

On another note I drove 2.7tt A6Q MTM (I think this is Stage II ? 306 or something bhp) - very enjoyable performance and it shows what MTM guys can do for performance. Pull in 6th gear over 4k rpm is unbelievable. Not to mention lower gears ....

I wish we'd seen some of the pussycatchers (erhhh I mean the m3 machines) on the road ...:byeM5:

ZCD2.7T
December 12th, 2003, 13:08
Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
I really can't believe that they deleted that thread.

I suppose that my username has also now been deactivated....but I can't even get to the "Register Now" link.

Ba*stards! :bang:

So, on a whim, I tried yet ANOTHER way around the apparent lockout, and "waaallllaaa", I was able to get access to the forum and the thread in question.

I posted this:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gentlemen -

I want to say, on the record, that I REALLY like the M3, and envy all of you who have one. My A6 2.7T is pretty quick by most measures, but it's a different type of car, which suits me better.

I jumped into this thread a few days back after seeing erroneous information posted about the relative performance of the M3 and Audi RS 6, plus an assertion that the SCCA Speed GT that was also incorrect. The person who posted that owned up to his/her mistake when presented with the facts.

Apparently, your site administrators or moderators have no use for facts, nor for interesting give-and-take between fellow enthusiasts, because shortly after my last post, myself and my Audi-enthusiast bretheren were "LOCKED OUT" of all forums on this board. No expanation was sent, nor any notification. Seems a bit heavy-handed, don't you think?

Now, I understand that this board is a private enterprise, so you can make your own rules, but doesn't it make you wonder who might be next???

Post at your own risk - toe the line, or be prepared for "M3 Forum BANISHMENT".

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your cars.

ZCD2.7T (a CAR (not Audi nor BMW specific) enthusiast in the Chicago area)

(Prolly be my last post, when "they" find out that I was able to post again....)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I got (temporarily) the last word, and got to poke the amin/moderator in the eye, too!!!:hihi:

I know it shouldn't, but it feels GOOD!!!!!!:p ;) :addict:

Finnus
December 12th, 2003, 13:13
Cheers, ZCD2.7T! :cheers:

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

iconcls
December 12th, 2003, 13:15
If we are barred, as we appear to be, I'll bet your post will last 30 seconds before being deleted. :)

What else was said on the thread during our hiatus, anything of note?

ZCD2.7T
December 12th, 2003, 13:36
If we are barred, as we appear to be, I'll bet your post will last 30 seconds before being deleted. :)

What else was said on the thread during our hiatus, anything of note?

A guy with a Galant VR4 said something vaguely supporting what I had posted, and another guy posted something taking the forum to task for acting childish...

I was surprised to see that the thread was still active, and that my (our) posts hadn't been deleted.

Beware - they may come over here, now, and pee in OUR sandbox.....just be sure to be nice to them if they do. Nothing would pi** them off more than if we treat them with courtesy and respect - a**hats HATE that! :hihi:

ZCD2.7T
December 12th, 2003, 13:39
Well, after all that, it appears that I, at least, am no longer banned from that M3 board, at least from my current IP address.

Did anyone else try to access it today with any success??

iconcls
December 12th, 2003, 14:18
I have witnessed a hyper sensitivity in the M3 and M5 boys regarding the RS 6; they oddly spurn almost any references to it.

On the other hand, I have no problem admitting, for example, unequivocally, the E55 is a faster car. But we all, Audi, BMW, MB owners, obviously choose our cars based on a myriad of considerations.

Bauer
December 12th, 2003, 16:22
ZCD2.7T-

Hopefully the 13 year old running that board will get the message. Good job:cheers:

ZCD2.7T
December 12th, 2003, 16:28
Originally posted by Bauer
ZCD2.7T-

Hopefully the 13 year old running that board will get the message. Good job:cheers:

I'm now told that their forum server had an "issue" the other day, and EVERYONE was locked out.

Yes, I feel kinda stupid, but I DID try to contact the admin., with no response, so I figured......

Anyway, I've already made my peace over there, for now.

Sorta.

Aww, forget it.

Bauer
December 12th, 2003, 16:30
Just found that out myself:rolleyes: .....I also feel a little stupid...but it did say fobidden on the page, what else was I supposed to think?:cheers: