PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any problems with their RS6?

kaljer
December 5th, 2003, 18:41
Has anyone had any problems with their RS6? I am talking about any type of mechanical problems, just want to be sure before I buy as it seems almost 40% of the S4's over at audiworld.com have had problems

nene
December 5th, 2003, 19:13
No problems so far, knock on wood.
I have one complain though...wished I lived in South Florida to enjoy the car year round!!!

Not really a complaint with the car, only with my current living location.

iconcls
December 5th, 2003, 19:19
Nothing major here and I have not heard of anything even close to the magnitude of the B6S4 ailments.

BTW, Chicagoland is very well represented on this board. :)

Bauer
December 5th, 2003, 19:37
7800 miles and not one problem ........except that I can't stop driving it:D :D
:cheers:

jgun81
December 5th, 2003, 21:50
no problem so far...
Just one thing...I wish my car had rain sensor...

BBGT2
December 5th, 2003, 22:17
Kaljer :cheers:

No problems whatsover, love the car best Audi ever in my book, trust me I had all of them.:0:

Have to agree with Nene about driving in winter I sure will not do it, she is sitting pretty in the garage until spring.

Bajo :addict:

Alan
December 5th, 2003, 23:26
except that I can't stop driving it and my lease is for 2 years/24,000 miles.

coopsrs6
December 6th, 2003, 00:25
800 miles Sits in garage too much. Stock tires are awesome in snow! Will report back when I start dipping into the power. Laguna in Jan.-Feb. could shake some bugs loose.

JAXRS6
December 6th, 2003, 01:53
Yes, at 12K miles I lost some performance after running at a drag strip with AC on (unintentionally of course). I went to the drags only because I was suspicious that the car was not coming close to the mid-12-to-low-13 times indicated in car mag reviews -- and I was right in that my best time before the AC was left on was 13.6, about half a second slower than the slowest magazine time I've seen. No indication of trouble from the check engine light, but times suffered by almost a full additional second after the AC was left on and my best 0-60 afterwards has been 5.9 (compared to factory claim of 4.7). See more under my thread titled "A disappointing day at the drags" and some other threads with problems evident in their title.

I'd agree there seem to be fewer problems than with the new S4, but there are so few of us that it may be a little early to jump to conclusions one way or the other.

I have a dealer appointment Monday and will post afterwards.

Erik
December 6th, 2003, 10:12
Originally posted by JAXRS6
I have a dealer appointment Monday and will post afterwards.

Tell him to find the boost leak!

JP4
December 6th, 2003, 14:44
Originally posted by Erik
Tell him to find the boost leak!

I'd take Erik's advice. Other's have mentioned it too. It's a likely culprit! :bang:

JP4 :addict:

Finnus
December 6th, 2003, 16:37
Kaljer,

Welcome to the board! Now, make the "right" decision - buy the car! LOL I don't see that there's much to risk with the 4 year/50,000 miles/no service costs (especially in light of the "no problems" posts).

I've put on 6,500 miles in 5 months. No problems.

I bought the car (vs. lease) and plan on managing the miles to the warranty - in other words, 12,500 per year for 4 years. If I keep it that long, I won't spend anything on repairs.

Only probelm is the Northeast winters - we're getting socked in right now. So, my Beast is not going to see much more than the inside of a parking garage for the next 3-4 months!

Hands down, the best car I've ever had or rode in if for that matter.

:cheers:

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict: