PDA

View Full Version : S60r

Cpuretopaz43
December 5th, 2003, 01:56
I am looking into buying a S60R. Want to learn everything there is to learn. Anybody who knows anything, I want to learn. :)

Erik
December 7th, 2003, 20:57
I've only driven the V70R.

If you search this forum for V70R and S60R you can find som information and perhaps a video or two.

If there's anything special just ask and I'll try my best to reply.

Cpuretopaz43
December 8th, 2003, 03:26
Thank you for your response to my post. My husband and I have seveal different years of mercedes benz diesel's and he also has a 98 passat. So I am trying to learn as much as I can about the car we are thinnking about getting for me. I have a lot to learn, and it's nice to know that I have run into a forum that responds so positively to quests for information. I will be scouring the forum for anything I can find. Thank you for the info. and will be proably hitting you up with questions as I go.
Thanks again, and enjoy the Holiday Season.

ott
December 8th, 2003, 18:16
I don't have personal experience with this car, but December issue of CAR Magazine tested it in conjuction of their annual "Performance Car of The Year" shootout. Conclusion was:

" A dissapointment, with spongy brakes, numb steering and damping so poorly resolved the 4wd car pogos all over the place. Stabbing away at the dash mounted buttons to change the settings of the comuter controlled suspension makes little difference to the constant sharp vertical movements in the cabin."

But I would just take one to long test drive and decide by myself.

Audihead
December 9th, 2003, 01:27
Have taken one for a test drive. Fine automobile. Pretty darn quick too. You can get one fully loaded for about $9K less than an Audi S4. The only thing I didn't like was the AWD system. It's a FWD car that just transfers power to the rear when the front wheels become over taxed. Other than that not much bad to say, it's a good contender but not yet a champion.
:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Cpuretopaz43
December 9th, 2003, 03:21
Thanks guys. This is the kind of info I need. I take a lot of stock in what these foums have to say. That's why I have been spending so much time doing my homework here.
Your thoughts and opinions carry a lot of weight with this reader. So just keep up the good work.
Enjoy the Holiday's all. And hope to hear more soon.
Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

Erik
December 9th, 2003, 09:11
If you like Volvos, the S60R and V70R are probably the best they ever built.

Try http://www.v70r.com

Cpuretopaz43
December 9th, 2003, 23:14
The more I learn, the more impressed I am with this amazing vehicle. Sometimes I have to wonder what the driver is there for. It seems like the car can drive itself. I am truley impressed with Volvo's new miracle. And with Audi announcing that it is getting back into the racing buisness, I wonder who is going to announce next week, the car that will be the biggest competitor. I wonder if I smell a S60R??????
Impressed I am!!!!

Erik
December 10th, 2003, 13:09
Cpuretopaz43, the S60R is a good car.

But it's still a Volvo. ;)

Klint
December 10th, 2003, 13:31
Never been keen on Volvos myself, because of the bland-ness of their designs and of course their reputation/experiences from the 1870/80s. :p

Their spaceball gearchanger looks interesting though! If they had the same approach to the rest of the design, Their cars would be a personal favourite.

Performance wise: Not bad, they've improved in the performance stakes incredibly.

As for safety, well, the Volvo badge says it all. ;)

:cheers:

Erik
December 29th, 2003, 22:04
S60R - improved version (of fasterer and furiouserer style)

http://www.evolvecars.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album03