PDA

View Full Version : A6 Problems

Audihead
December 4th, 2003, 21:55
Just read in the USA TODAY newspaper:
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is investigating reports of fires breaking out in the dashboards of Audi A6 sedans. The agency said it and Audi have received 22 complaints of fires but no injury reports. Eleven fires were in 1999 sedans, 11 were in 2000 sedans, NHTSA said. Audi says it's working with NHTSA to determine the cause.

From USA TODAY/December 4 2003
:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

Erik
December 4th, 2003, 22:01
A lot of Volvos burnt up in Sweden as well.

But once they started investigeting they concluded it wasn't more than normal for any other car, just a media thing.

Audihead
December 4th, 2003, 22:12
Let's just hope it's not another black eye for Audi like the tranny incidents in the 80's.
:bow: I will pray now.

steve
December 5th, 2003, 10:40
Hmm... Lets hope that won't happen to our new A6 Avant (picking it up this afternoon)
but is it only in the sedans? Hopefully...:D

greets,

Steve

Klint
December 5th, 2003, 11:59
Originally posted by Erik
A lot of Volvos burnt up in Sweden as well.

But once they started investigeting they concluded it wasn't more than normal for any other car, just a media thing.

I remember reading that the Volvo fires were caused by the heating elements inside the heated seats, they failed and remained switched on causing the seats to go on fire. The matter is resolved a long time ago though.

:cheers:

Audihead
December 5th, 2003, 15:44
Steve, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. The paper only said that sedans from 1999 and 2000 were being looked at. Best wishes on welcoming a new A6 into your garage.

:incar: Hope you have many fun km's ahead.

steve
December 5th, 2003, 15:47
Thanks bimmerhead:bye:

In case somebody's wondering...its nothing special( no RS6 or something:D ) but its a A6 avant 2.5 TDi multitronic with lets say semi full option.:)

greets and thanks for the info

Steve