PDA

View Full Version : Recaro’s and popping sport seats...

highrustler
December 4th, 2003, 19:19
Hello,

I've seen a few posts from folks who were thinking of getting/importing the Recaro's. Any luck yet? I was told of an outfit in California who was going to import them but I misplaced their information.

In regard to the stock RS6 seat: I can't stand the popping seat back of the sport seat. Every little move or bump in the road and I feel a pop in the seat back. Is there a solution and why hasn’t Audi attended to this problem?

Thanks,
James

:confused:

GoFastKindaGuy
December 4th, 2003, 21:21
I have not experienced any pops in my seat back. Have you played around with the lumbar support? Maybe that system is defective in your car.

I drove an RS6 in Italy with the Recaro seats. Now, I like the US seats just fine. The only feature of the Recaros that I miss is the adjustable leg support. I found the side bolsters only marginally more supportive than the US sport seats -- and the memory seat is gone.

Bauer
December 4th, 2003, 22:36
I found an importer who will get the whole set (front and back) for 6K. I have not purchased them even though I REALLY want them, could need the money for business purchase so holding off.....but damm I want them. I think the stock seats suck they put my right leg to sleep. I forwarded the contact info to Shank on this board...he might be getting them dont know though.:cheers:

highrustler
December 4th, 2003, 23:53
I've driven two RS6 and the seats both made the popping sensation. You can feel it, not hear it. Another acquaintance is experiencing the same problem with his RS6. I also remember feeling this in the S6 Avant. So, I think it's pretty common. The lumbar works fine. There are plastic or metal supports running across the seat back. Those are the culprit, though I have no idea how to combat. Perhaps, I could fill the cavity with Great Stuff foam insulation… ha ha.

James

:addict:

GmbHouse
December 5th, 2003, 01:12
See the previous posts regarding the "bocce ball effect" for seatback issues, esp. the thread on Squeeks and Rattles below.

AMR
December 5th, 2003, 02:19
The "popping" happens when the seat back is completely deflated. Use the lumbar support button (forward) to inflate it a little and it should go away. Hope this helps.
Amr