PDA

View Full Version : 18x8.5 aftermarket wheels

GoFastKindaGuy
December 2nd, 2003, 03:07
We've had our USA cars for a while, now. What are the confirmed aftermarket 18x8.5 fitments for the RS6? I know the 18 OZ Superleggera III does NOT clear the rotor diameter. That was my first choice.

How about the SSR GT3? Kenisis? HRE 845R?

Any others?

I will need new wheels by Spring as I have fitted snow tires to the stock wheels. Please, any help is sincerely appreciated.
:bow:

GmbHouse
December 2nd, 2003, 04:37
I talked to Kinesis who told me their wheels would fit. I believe that their (all?) wheels are semi-custom so they can fit most applications.

JP4
December 2nd, 2003, 15:09
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy
What are the confirmed aftermarket 18x8.5 fitments for the RS6?

Any others?

Please, any help is sincerely appreciated.

Champion Motorsports has two nice forged wheels that will fit the RS6. 18 x 8.5 and 19 x 9.5.

I have the 18 x 8.5 rims on mine. You can see pictures of them on my car in the feature article on the home page of this site. RS6 at Road America. PM me for details if your interested in more details.

JP4 :deal:

Benman
December 3rd, 2003, 15:21
We've had our USA cars for a while, now. What are the confirmed aftermarket 18x8.5 fitments for the RS6? I know the 18 OZ Superleggera III does NOT clear the rotor diameter. That was my first choice.

I will need new wheels by Spring as I have fitted snow tires to the stock wheels. Please, any help is sincerely appreciated.
Go Fast:cheers:

Just curious if the guy you had check on the fit of the OZs was in So Cal?

Ben:addict:

GoFastKindaGuy
December 4th, 2003, 00:00
Yes, Ben...

Mail:
PURE Motorsport
32005 Corte Cardin
Temecula, CA 92592
NO Showroom; NO Walk-in Service

Phone Number: 909-302-0933

Email: info@pure-motorsport.com

GoFastKindaGuy
December 4th, 2003, 00:14
"Hi Fred. Welcome back from Italy. Are you getting any closer to a decision on tires?"

Thanks, JP4. Responding publicly to your PM because your mailbox is full.

I already have the Dunlop SP9000 tires; it is wheels I need. In 18x8.5 size, I've identified the following fitments:

SSR Competition
Champion
and a maybe on Kenisis

Fred.:cool2:

Benman
December 4th, 2003, 04:17
Yes, Ben...

Mail:
PURE Motorsport
32005 Corte Cardin
Temecula, CA 92592
NO Showroom; NO Walk-in Service

Phone Number: 909-302-0933

Email: info@pure-motorsport.com

What a small world! I'm the RS 6 donor he used to do a test fit. Mike was VERY dissapointed that the wheels would not squeeze past the caliper as he stated his "client" had his heart set on them. He was a very nice and informative individual. He even gave me a set of wheel locks for my assistance:D BTW those wheels were SWEET looking.

The SSR Competitions might be the way to go if performance is on your mind. They are EXTREMELY lightweight (16.5 LBS!!!:bigeyes: ) and are a lot more affordable than the Champion wheels. Ming2.7T has a set that he uses at the track. You could check with him as to how he likes them.:cheers:

Ben:addict: :addict:

GmbHouse
December 5th, 2003, 01:23
TireRack is now showing 9 wheels (3 18's) that fit the RS6.

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/WheelSearch.jsp?&autoMake=Audi&autoModel=RS6&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=Standard%20Model