PDA

View Full Version : Why no security wheel bolts!

romac
November 30th, 2003, 15:24
After having seen a co-workers car sitting on the ground at work after all 4 wheels were snatched one evening (looked like a hovercraft!), I've been very concious about making sure that I had security bolts. As the last 2 cars I had purchased had them as standard items, I began to assume this was now the norm..... NOT!
Looked under the cap last night and was surprised to see a lack of security. If VW can put them on its cars, why not Audi! Given the catalog price of $742 per wheel, providing security wheel bolts seems to make sense. ( I would have said "be common sense", but it doesn't seem to be common anymore!!)

Erik
November 30th, 2003, 16:35
Thing is that the cheapo security bolts delivered on stock cars makes no real difference for a pro.

I say...We can travel to the moon but no one can make a security bolt that works.

It's better to have bolts in combo with an alarm that reacts when the car is lifted.

eph94
November 30th, 2003, 18:40
Originally posted by Erik
We can travel to the moon but no one can make a security bolt that works.

Are you SURE we've really traveled to the moon? I thought it wa s a hoax concocted by the CIA during the Cold War. :roll: That might explain mankind's inability to make a security bolt.

gjg
November 30th, 2003, 19:32
Erik, a security bolt which will be "Pro resistant" is yet to be seen ....