PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is coming and so is my RS6

secdrvr
November 28th, 2003, 06:34
Heard from the dealer last week, he said my RS6 should be at the dealership by December 16th and I should be able to take delvery around the 18th or 19th. He explained that "with a car of this type we will need a few days to make sure everything is as it should be". I'm thinking they all want a turn driving it *s*. The even better news is my oldest son is returning from England earlier than expected, 10 December instead of next March, so all things considered it should be a great holiday...if I can keep the keys hidden from my oldest that is....

Klint
November 28th, 2003, 11:16
Congrats secdrvr!

It sounds like it's going to be a good christmas at your place! :hihi:

Remember to post the spec, colour etc into the sticky (re: How many beasts are on the board) on the main RS6 forum when you get it. ;)

:cheers:

eph94
November 28th, 2003, 14:23
Congrats!

I can't think of a better Christmas present. The only problem will be trying to exercise restraint during the break-in period!

Snow
November 28th, 2003, 15:28
I've been writing Santa for the past two years about an S4 but I haven't gotten one yet. I'm starting to think Santa isn't for real...:vsad: :hihi:

avdh
November 28th, 2003, 17:51
isn't the wait excruciating........ ?

For me it is :addict:

Alan
November 28th, 2003, 20:51
If you had been a bad boy, he would have brought you a Subaru Legacy.
javascript:smilie(';)')
Blink gif

Rally
November 29th, 2003, 00:30
Nice, it will come quick enough.
FWIW, Barrier was able to turn my RS6 around in 24 hours including a trip to the detailer.
The tech only needed an hour with the car.
Tell UA that no one but the tech can drive the car, that should be SOP on a sold car.

rs6w
November 29th, 2003, 03:34
Originally posted by Rally

FWIW, Barrier was able to turn my RS6 around in 24 hours including a trip to the detailer.
The tech only needed an hour with the car.
Tell UA that no one but the tech can drive the car, that should be SOP on a sold car.

My dealer turned mine around in less than a day. Taking 2 days to turn the around is wrong.

JAXRS6
November 29th, 2003, 04:09
Originally posted by rs6w
Taking 2 days to turn the around is wrong.

Mine took 2 days; sometimes my dealer is extremely busy, and only one or two techs have qualified to work on the RS 6. I had no big problem with 2 days, personally. Yeah, I was wishing it was shorter at the time, but I'd rather wait than take a car that was rushed & something went wrong as a result.

Also, I believe the Club RS6 site (or whatever Audi site it was that I used to log onto during production of my car) noted that there is a brief test drive at the dealer upon arrival -- in addition to 30 miles or so in Germany.

rs6w
November 29th, 2003, 20:10
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Mine took 2 days; sometimes my dealer is extremely busy, and only one or two techs have qualified to work on the RS 6. I had no big problem with 2 days, personally. Yeah, I was wishing it was shorter at the time, but I'd rather wait than take a car that was rushed & something went wrong as a result.

Also, I believe the Club RS6 site (or whatever Audi site it was that I used to log onto during production of my car) noted that there is a brief test drive at the dealer upon arrival -- in addition to 30 miles or so in Germany.

I can understand that the two day if the dealer is extremely busy.

Yep the drive is short. My car had 34 miles on the clock on delivery.