PDA

View Full Version : LongLife Oil question

Muju
November 27th, 2003, 19:58
anybody got any idea what oil it is or what the difference is to other oils.
Im going to have my audi longlife changed to Castrol racing oil or something like that. 30 000km interval services sounds a bit wicked to a tunned engine?....:confused:

gjg
November 29th, 2003, 20:15
I have Lehman tuned S6 AAN (390 hp), oil change between 5-10k km, full synthetic, so far 260k+ km and no problem. 30.000 km mostly in 5-7000 rpm range seems bit long to me.

gg

maxa
December 3rd, 2003, 16:09
I would never run my engine more then 10 000km without changing oil, no matter what it says on the package!
Ok maby it can last for 30 000km or even more, but if I change every 10 000km (or even more often) I feel safe and not feeling like im running on the gap to hell.
It cost like 50-60$ to change oil, so its not that much for nowing that the engine is happy. :)

Its like tuning the car. Some says you can chip some cars like 100hp up, but how safe does that fell? Running on the edge all the time. Some time you will slip and get over that edge, and then you only wish that you would have taken that safty margin.

Thats how I reason at least.

Good luck
Regards
/Max Enstrom

auditt
December 23rd, 2003, 09:23
I always run my tuned engines on Castrol TSW or RS 10-60. The oil is specially designed for motorsport and highperformance engines. When I changed to RS from the longlife crap I got a much smother and more quiet engine. It was a big difference.