PDA

View Full Version : The new Audi A8 W12 6.0

Erik
November 25th, 2003, 09:56
6.0 litre W12 with 450 hp and 580 Newton-metres of torque – a gain of 30 bhp and 20 Nm on the predecessor model.

0 - 100 km/h in 5.2 secs.!
0 - 200 km/h in 17.4 secs!!!
0 - 250 km/h in about 30 secs.

The clear glass headlight covers visibly display the technology that they protect:
the 12-cylinder A8 is the first car in the world to be equipped with the new lighting technology of adaptive light with LED daytime driving lights, whose distinctive 5-star lighting elements also have a dual function as new design features for the vehicle's front end.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/A8-1.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/A8-2.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/A8-3.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/A8-4.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/A8-5.jpg

darkseid
November 25th, 2003, 11:27
The car looks STUNNING! :bigeyes: *where's the drool icon*

Those are some great performance figures, maybe a Bi-Turbo W12 for the RS version? Hehe, lets just hope. :hihi:

I like the new front Audi is using, a lovely little trademark they are adding.

I honestly think that this car is much better looking than any other in it's class. Not flashy, just subtle with beautiful lines. And the interior is awesome as always.

JP4
November 25th, 2003, 15:02
Beautiful for sure! I saw a Phaeton in the show room @ VW dealer last night and it is certainly the twin brother of the W12. I'm still at a lose as to how VW plans to sell a $88,000 VW to the American market. I just don't see it happening. The A8 W12 on the other hand may move a few more units for them.

Klint
November 25th, 2003, 18:36
Wow!

I've been looking forward to this car for some time, and i'm sadly, not that impressed by the front.

I'll tell you why. I despise that massive frontal chrome surround over the standard A8. Did the Audi designers have sucking children up in mind when designing the car?...Actually, It looks like one of those ant eaters that eat ants through their nose. Maybe it doesn't. I can't decide!...I don't know what it looks like. I just don't take such a liking to it as I do over the 'standard' A8. :vsad:

oswald
November 26th, 2003, 03:28
...what's been missing from the A8 Line. Great!!!!

Bauer
November 26th, 2003, 19:45
I love the look of this car....it is a great progression on the model line. Unlile BMW, I think Audi has done a great job bringing the desing in a VERY positive direction. If they do come out with an RS8...I AM SCREWED...my wife will want the thing and if it looks like the W12....I will have no chance becasue I will want it as well.:cheers:

absent
November 27th, 2003, 19:01
I truly hope Audi would bring the RS8,that would bring me back to own one again.

Benman
November 27th, 2003, 20:02
I really like the look of this car:0: The grill might not do it for some but it does for me. The straight line #s approach RS 6 territory:bigeyes: If this is "just" the W12 than when the RS 8 comes out...:bow: :cheers:

Ben:addict:

audifan
November 27th, 2003, 20:45
But the question is will the rs8 come out........:confused:

Ra5a
November 28th, 2003, 12:05
Originally posted by Benman
I really like the look of this car:0: The grill might not do it for some but it does for me. The straight line #s approach RS 6 territory:bigeyes: If this is "just" the W12 than when the RS 8 comes out...:bow: :cheers:

Ben:addict:
this is "just" the W12
but i'm wondering if there won't be a s8
even if audi will give the green light on the rs8 it won't go onto sale untill this a8 hits it's last production year

Erik
November 30th, 2003, 18:33
Considering the S8 had about 40-45% of the sales of the A8 I'm pretty sure there will be one again.

absent
November 30th, 2003, 18:53
If they wait again toward the end of the life cycle of the A8,they will make a grave mistake in marketing.
I did not buy the RS6(waited for it forever) because it was too late ,too little.
I refuse to spend 80k+ on a car that becomes obsolete within a year of introduction.

Erik
November 30th, 2003, 19:00
absent, each time I meet Audi people I tell them... :error:

audiconscious
December 5th, 2003, 17:11
Any idea when this Audi this going to be for sale in the US?

:0:

Co\\'boy
December 6th, 2003, 13:47
WHAT A CAR !!! :eek:

The performance is just ..... heavens :p

I wonder if you take place in a car like that one and you find yourself sitting in an interior like that, I guess you just want to stay there for the rest of your life :D So, it is a good thing that you have those drive-ins @ Mc Donalds:trash:

I wonder why there is a need for a S8 or RS8 ?

I m curious what Audi is going to do with the Avantissimo project.

:bye:

:cheers:

Bauer
December 6th, 2003, 18:31
Avantissimo was cancled and the desinger went to Crysler. If you look at the new Dodge Magnum it look almost the same.....very original Dodge:error:

See link
http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshows/articles/83141/page001.html

Co\\'boy
December 6th, 2003, 18:45
Indeed, that is a copycat of the original Avantissimo. Pffff that is lame.

Well, It would be nice if Audi launched the Avantissimo cause they are known for their estate cars, the design of them and the quality are the best. It is a sad thing:vsad2:

Thanks for the answer

Cowboy

Finnus
December 10th, 2003, 18:05
Awesome look and performance! I personally like the design direction Audi is going in.

I agree that Audi should not wait until the end of the model lifecycle to bring out the RS8 or the next RS6. I think the reason that it worked in the US with the present RS6 was that it was the first RS model in the US (it had a great deal of mystique), the limited "860" imports, and the "no more after 2003" line. IMO, Audi would have to do something really special with the next RS6 compared to the E55 and M5 to succeed with the end-of-the-model-lifecycle play again (especially comparing on price).

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

noushy
December 30th, 2003, 15:17
I have to agree with Finnus about Audi and the timing of their car releases. BMW made the same mistake for a while, and now has seemed to realize that if they do not release their top sport models within 1-2 years of a new release they lose significant sales and interest. Who wants to buy a top of the line model and the end of the production cycle. Audi got away with this because of the first 'RS' model. I debated long and hard about buying the RS6. I knew I wanted a true sports sedan, and the choices were limited. I waited on the list for 18 months before I took ownership of my RS6. I looked at the M5, E55, and RS6 and decided on the Audi because it was built better, and limited. In the Detroit suburbs there are no shortages of expensive sedans. AMG Mercedes are a dime a dozen here, because our dealer is one of the largest AMG retailers in the country. I also do not care for their service (MB service sucks). The BMW was at the end of its cycle and I would have hated not having the new M5 V10.

I hope AOA is listening, especially since I bought my car from the dealership 2 miles away from AOA headquarters. Please bring your sport models out early, so that we the buyers will purchase them, and you (AOA) can sell them. Food for thought.

On the subject of this thread, I cannot wait to see and drive the W12 A8 or the S8. I love my RS6 more and more each day, and although the A8 is a much larger and heavier car, I think the solid power that it will deliver questions why anyone would buy a $150k benz or worse a maybach.