PDA

View Full Version : RS6.com Video: 500 hp RS6 Avant - up to 300 km/h

Erik
November 23rd, 2003, 19:44
Here's a video from a recent test drive.

The car is a 500 hp Audi RS6 Avant (misano red) with sport brakes
and sport exhaust.

100 - 200 km/h is less than 11 secs.
It means 0 - 200 km/h takes less than 16 secs...
If you like, feel welcome to measure the 300 km/h run as well. :D

I'm very happy with the results of the rear mounted cam.
This car is VERY fast!

Please host the video if you can!

Video: 500 hp Audi RS6 Avant - (42 mb SAVE AS...) (ftp://www.rs6.com/rs6.com/Audi-RS6-500hp.wmv)

External Mirror: ftp://213.100.226.95/Audi-RS6-500hp.wmv

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6-NOV-10.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6-NOV-11.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6-NOV-12.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/pics/RS6/RS6-NOV-13.jpg

ZCD2.7T
November 24th, 2003, 12:54
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik
Posts about link or video not working (it is working, by it's not unrestricted in bandwidth) will be removed.

Erik -

I don't understand this comment - why would you write a comment like this????

We're not idiots, here.

I guess what you're actually saying is "I don't want to hear about anybody's problems downloading the video, because the problem must be on the USER'S side, not my side", right?

It just seems to me that you're overreacting. Some people have had problems in the past linking to videos on this site - I have no idea why. Maybe you could enlighten us on this?

sturs6
November 24th, 2003, 13:19
I finally got the video downloaded. Nice work Erik great video action. It must be pretty exciting driving down that narrow road. What kind of speeds did you reach on the journey?
About the downloading. Guys you just have to keep trying I could not download it for several hours last night then I got up early this morning and there were few people on the board so it went rather quickly.

iconcls
November 24th, 2003, 13:50
In the past some of the videos in the lovely Windows Player format (.wmv) proved problematic for Mac users because Microsoft needed to update the codecs for the Mac version of the lovelyWindows Media Player; very often this would manifest itself as a movie with sound and no video. Finally, earlier this month, MS released WMP 9.0 for the Mac and this should take care of the missing video syndrome of .wmv movies.

Obviously, none of this was Erik's fault, but he got to here a lot of the whining nonetheless, so perhaps he's a little sensitive. ;)

Then there is all the whining about rs6.com's limited bandwidth to content with.

Erik
November 24th, 2003, 14:02
The ftp is limited to about 20 downloaders.

EVERY time these video threads (this thread is obviously no exception) are posted I end up getting a few pms and a few e-mails as well as anything between 1-10 posts about the "video is not working."

But it is! The ftp is always online!!! But it simply isn't possible to provide a line for 300 simultaneous downloads.

So the reason why I'm a little upset is I spend hours and hours recording, editing and publishing and the only thing people want to discuss is a ftp that is not working even though it is. :rolleyes:

Conclusion, discuss the content of the video here. If you have a problem with Internet or your media player there are other places to discuss it.

We'll probably lose the ftp pretty soon anyway... :(

Erik
November 24th, 2003, 14:05
Originally posted by sturs6
I finally got the video downloaded. Nice work Erik great video action. It must be pretty exciting driving down that narrow road. What kind of speeds did you reach on the journey?

The driver's eyes were on the road, not on the speedo. :D
But I guess max 130 - 140 km/h. There were a few dead corners and safety is always more important than performance.

:incar:

ZCD2.7T
November 24th, 2003, 14:06
Icon -

I appreciate the clarification.

The bandwith issue appears to be the one "some of us" are having.

It's very frustrating, but I guess I can't complain - at least not on this site.....:mad:

Erik -

It's not that we don't appreciate your efforts - we do.

Sorry to hear that you may soon lose your ftp.

Erik
November 24th, 2003, 14:11
Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
It's very frustrating, but I guess I can't complain - at least not on this site.....:mad:

Be my guest, you're always welcome to provide a mirror :D
If you like I can send the video by ICQ.

If you like you can complain, but I guess my perhaps too unpolite writing is a combination of language and frustration. :asian:

But as you all see, we have another thread discussing internet related problems instead of wonderful cars. See my point?

JP4
November 24th, 2003, 14:31
Erik,

Enjoyed the video. Thanks again.

JP4

Erik
November 24th, 2003, 17:04
We have a mirror!!!

ftp://213.100.226.95/Audi-RS6-500hp.wmv

gmbh6
November 24th, 2003, 19:42
it downloaded just fine.......great movie.......espcially the "mafia cam" from the trunk :hihi:

.....hey erik why does my computer freeze up when too many aplications are open??? :D :p :bye:

.....heheh....but seriously thanks for the video.....i can tell a lot of time went into it......and we do appreciate it. :roll:

.....oh one last thing.....loved the "intro" song.....but not familiar with the "outro".......was that kraftwerk.:p

urquattro83
November 24th, 2003, 20:31
Thanks for the video Erik!

Very very nice!!!

Erik
November 24th, 2003, 20:42
Originally posted by thcakid
.....oh one last thing.....loved the "intro" song.....but not familiar with the "outro".......was that kraftwerk.:p [/B]

Thanks! Try "Turbo Lover" with Judas Priest, some remix version though.

The other song is "Roadhouse Blues" with The Doors.
A visit to a pub, some x-mas beer and some live music inspired me to that choice. :cheers:

RobertV
November 25th, 2003, 02:05
How many cameras did they have on the car at one time?
The speedo runs are insane, very wild to see the tripometer click away that fast (even in kilometers.)
THX for the video, it is they only way I have been able to dream about the RS6, my S6 does well, but it doesn't pull as hard :)

Erik
November 25th, 2003, 07:47
Originally posted by RobertV
How many cameras did they have on the car at one time?

Only one. But multiple runs (because it's fun!) :addict:

TheBrit
November 25th, 2003, 15:03
Erik,

Care to tell us how the various camera mountings were acheived? I particularly liked the rear facing camer showing the "rooster tails" of dirt from the road sides!

McBurn4ever
November 30th, 2003, 22:53
Erik:

I noticed that the video seems to be recorded in a famous small town in Sweden..
..famous for what they produce out of "the fields of southern Sweden".. ;)

I'm I right? (I know I am.. :roll: )

Does the car belong in this part of Sweden (my home ground)?

:s4addict:

Erik
November 30th, 2003, 22:54
Originally posted by TheBrit
Erik,
Care to tell us how the various camera mountings were acheived? I particularly liked the rear facing camer showing the "rooster tails" of dirt from the road sides!

There's only one camera. But multiple runs.

http://www.autoxcam.com/index.7.jpg

McBurn4ever
December 1st, 2003, 12:53
Originally posted by Erik
I proudly present...

:cheers: ABSOLUT RS 6 :cheers:

LOL
As I suspected then... :360:
The building in the background is the warehouse where they store the "product"... ?

That kind of fuel did you use? Absolut 98 octane.. :roll: :roll:

:s4addict: