PDA

View Full Version : So, I went to the Nürburgring and left an Audi RS5 behind me...

Erik
May 21st, 2014, 15:05
:lovl::lovl::lovl::lovl:

Note my son in the back seat.

Photo: credits to http://www.jamesholm.se/

lswing
May 21st, 2014, 15:55
Funny, doesn't look like an Audi you're driving....good to see those driving skills, with a full car too. Cheers!

Ruergard
May 22nd, 2014, 05:57
Shame on you Erik…. ;)

Looks like you had a great time! :thumb:

Erik
May 22nd, 2014, 07:53
Funny, doesn't look like an Audi you're driving....good to see those driving skills, with a full car too. Cheers!

Thanks, it's a BMW M5.

Jimmy
May 22nd, 2014, 15:34
Super picture. What a great family outing ! How was the traffic that day?

I remember my first ride around the 'Ring in the backseat as a young person. :wo:

Erik
May 26th, 2014, 09:24
Super picture. What a great family outing ! How was the traffic that day?

I remember my first ride around the 'Ring in the backseat as a young person. :wo:

Less than 100 cars in total for two days.

Feels a bit surreal to be passed by GT3 Cups etc. on slicks when you think you're going really fast already, and just see them disappear.

ben916
June 3rd, 2014, 13:23
Well Erik,
I am in Nederland in Eindhoven and the boss just suggested for me to rent a car, drive to the ring, and take a few laps.
Might have to take him up on this!!!

Any chance you are around?

MaxRS6
June 3rd, 2014, 14:14
^DO IT!!!!! Please DO IT!!!! You are there, the opportunity has arisen..Grab the Ring! Pics or it didn't happen of course..;0

Erik
June 5th, 2014, 16:19
Well Erik,
I am in Nederland in Eindhoven and the boss just suggested for me to rent a car, drive to the ring, and take a few laps.
Might have to take him up on this!!!

Any chance you are around?

Do it! But, sorry I won't be around.

Please don't use an AVIS, Hertz etc but a proper ring tool like a Suzuki Swift etc. "Rent a racecar".

4everRS
June 5th, 2014, 17:52
Ben, you'll regret it forever if you don't.

DO IT!!!!!

ben916
June 6th, 2014, 08:16
Do it! But, sorry I won't be around.

Please don't use an AVIS, Hertz etc but a proper ring tool like a Suzuki Swift etc. "Rent a racecar".

Well, next time we will have to plan in advance.

Ok, so the Ring out as there is something called Rock en Ring, 3 day rock concert = means track is closed.
I will then change plans to go to SPA in Belgium to watch some racing.

ben916
June 11th, 2014, 15:27
and plans changed again:

Saturday - went by train to Amsterdam(age) to the Anne Frank house and then thought about the Van Gogh museum but didn't have time. Scrammed outta the city of vices...
Monday - drove to Bruges - canal tours and walked up the 335 steps up the clock tower - amazing city!

Saw a C7 RS6 in white = WOW! looked GREAT!!! Yes, I have a photo of it but not gonna download it from NL

RDL K9
June 12th, 2014, 00:29
I used to live near Amsterdam and love the place. Bruges is really awesome, went to some old churches and found a lot of little court yards in the middle of the city that are like an oasis of silence. I hope someone made you choose between the two local dishes of eel or horse so you'ld feel like a local, all topped with a local beer in the 8-9% range. There is a really cool garden in the southeast of the Holland I try to visit on every trip. For me there are working kennels and IPO and KNPV clubs everywhere. Holland, Belguim and France have the fast dogs I crave.

Be careful in Belguim. When I worked there if you got a ticket from out of country, you paid the fine right there.

Shoot me a PM when you get back. I have a bunch of questions I want to ask and I pay beer for answers.
Michael

hahnmgh63
June 12th, 2014, 13:34
Ben, I'm in Germany now and was hoping to be here through the weekend for Lemans but looks like I may be leaving tomorrow. Was gonna see if you were interested in Lemans but looks like it won't work on my end. I hate to be in the air while the race is going on. Guess I'll have to have my girlfriend record it. My just head to Heidelberg for some Beer or Bad Durkheim for the Wine??? Decisions decisions.

ben916
June 12th, 2014, 13:58
Mark,

I am travelling back to PNW tomorrow and found out about the Le Man racing last weekend.
Ironically, work here wants me to stay another week and the words out of my wife's mouth were "Great! What time is my flight?" I wish it was that easy...

hahnmgh63
June 12th, 2014, 14:24
Too bad I'll miss you. Guess it's the Weinstrasse for me then. Probably be back to the PNW on Sunday myself. Get a Beemer or Audi to rent.