PDA

View Full Version : Pull out your wallet. May the best man win. (Paul Walker's RS6 AVANT for sale )

alrightroad
May 15th, 2014, 01:51
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Audi-RS6-RS6-/261480563855?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276#ht_1023wt_1190

SA RS6
May 15th, 2014, 02:10
I WANT IT!! hummm i only need one kidney... :jlol:

DHall1
May 15th, 2014, 02:39
Well, well, well

I just looked at the ebay ad and had to go pop some fresh popcorn.

Note to the next purchaser of the RS6. You better data log that there bad boy or start saving for another short block. ;-)

GIAC FTW!!!! fu$kers

"
74,000 miles (January 2012) : Short block engine replaced"
"Modifications that originally came on vehicle and will also come on vehicle:
-GIAC ECU software"

lswing
May 15th, 2014, 02:51
Nice seats, not so sure about the rice gauge in a vent. Comes with a tune so good your engine will last 75k, hmmmm. Certainly worth around 30k with the extra wheels, in need of a few more updates...

Dave, popcorn sounds good about now!

DHall1
May 15th, 2014, 03:05
Das hole in piston at 58k

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s532/03RSTT/giaccyl_zps28f50dda.jpg
GIAC FTW!

DHall1
May 15th, 2014, 03:08
Look boss.....de proof, de proof

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s532/03RSTT/giacchip_zps29e59f6a.jpg

SteveKen
May 15th, 2014, 04:29
Automatic.

...Skip

Erik
May 15th, 2014, 07:21
Upgraded thread title.

mik15
May 15th, 2014, 09:54
a second RS6 Avant legally registered lives in the US...i wonder how many other will show up? it looks like they've started popping up now..:)

if already 2 units that we know of have been legally registered, i guess there shouldn't be any problem in importing now this model to the US shores? Nice good looking examples can be found in Japan and the Japanese really do take the concept of "taking care of a car" to a whole new level, i saw a few cars here which you could swear they were never even driven with miles as low as 30- 40k miles, looks like in their culture this is already considered a high mileage car and this is when they start getting rid of it...

Dhall1 - that pictures shows exactly what happened to a buddy of mine on his M6 G-Power, the pistons simply melted, and it happened to him twice, the second time G-Power decided to give him a stock M6 engine as they couldn't figure out what the problem was...that looks horrible...

alrightroad
May 15th, 2014, 12:27
Upgraded thread title.

Thanks....

Bigglezworth
May 15th, 2014, 18:08
i saw a few cars here which you could swear they were never even driven with miles as low as 30- 40k miles, looks like in their culture this is already considered a high mileage car and this is when they start getting rid of it...Average mileage for a car from Japan is what many would classify as "low". They live on a tiny island. Don't need or get an opportunity to drive a car that far over the same time period that we would living in the vast areas we have in Canada or the US...

DHall1
May 15th, 2014, 18:21
Issues with Japan are the total number of RS6s even on the ground in addition to the high salt air climate. Cars dont last there...that and strict vehicle regs that make it even tougher to keep vehicles for any extended period of time.

Dont count on Japan spec RS6s making any path to the US.

We got to know the new owner of the ShokanRS Avant a few months back. Low mileage example that he paid 40k ish. Fair price.

This car is not worth more to me just because Paul Walker owned it. It has twice the miles and I would rather buy a new S6 if the price goes over 40. I think the owners are holding out for much much more.

Funny thing about "big box tuning companies" they are not all up to snuff. You better data log your cars on a routine basis if you plan to keep them at any length. I looked at GIACs base file on #2 and it was complete garbage. A drunk bunch of 16yr old's could write a better fuel table.

a second RS6 Avant legally registered lives in the US...i wonder how many other will show up? it looks like they've started popping up now..:)

if already 2 units that we know of have been legally registered, i guess there shouldn't be any problem in importing now this model to the US shores? Nice good looking examples can be found in Japan and the Japanese really do take the concept of "taking care of a car" to a whole new level, i saw a few cars here which you could swear they were never even driven with miles as low as 30- 40k miles, looks like in their culture this is already considered a high mileage car and this is when they start getting rid of it...

Dhall1 - that pictures shows exactly what happened to a buddy of mine on his M6 G-Power, the pistons simply melted, and it happened to him twice, the second time G-Power decided to give him a stock M6 engine as they couldn't figure out what the problem was...that looks horrible...

LIRS6
May 15th, 2014, 20:28
I am just curious as to why the car would not be RHD - given that it was imported from Japan. I presume that Audi made RHD versions for the UK, Australia, Japan mkts etc...

mik15
May 15th, 2014, 20:46
in Japan they have both RHD and LHD, depends on the area, however majority consists of RHD.

Bigglezworth
May 15th, 2014, 21:11
in Japan they have both RHD and LHD, depends on the area, however majority consists of RHD.On the west side of the island they drive on the right side of the road and on the east side of the island they drive on the left side of the road. Things get real messy when they go over a mountain pass or through one of the many island tunnels.... JK

trev0006
May 16th, 2014, 00:01
This is how the car looks now
http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/var/resizes/Paul-Walker-Audi-RS6-Avant-For-sale/Paul%20Walker%20Audi%20RS6%20Avant%20For%20sale%20-%2001.JPG (http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/Paul-Walker-Audi-RS6-Avant-For-sale)

This is how the car looked before
http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/var/resizes/Paul-Walker-Audi-RS6-Avant-For-sale/Paul%20Walker%20Audi%20RS6%20Avant%20For%20sale%20-%2015.JPG (http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/Paul-Walker-Audi-RS6-Avant-For-sale)

from the article:
This beautiful and RARE Audi RS6 *Avant* is not only a piece of history, it was also owned by one of the most popular names in the car industry, Paul Walker. This limited production vehicle was imported from Japan in July 2003, by Paul, as the Avant was not offered in the United States.
15 pictures and details (http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/Paul-Walker-Audi-RS6-Avant-For-sale)

SteveKen
May 16th, 2014, 03:39
Automatic.

...Skip

trev0006
May 16th, 2014, 05:29
Automatic.

...Skip

In US all RS6 is automatic, is there a manual RS6 in Europe?

lswing
May 16th, 2014, 06:39
In US all RS6 is automatic, is there a manual RS6 in Europe?

~15-20 manuals in US now, think he's joking some, SteveKen likes to make them drive worse....

Erik
May 16th, 2014, 07:28
is there a manual rs6 in europe?

yes!!!!!

SteveKen
May 16th, 2014, 14:52
I say skip in jest....

Anyway, I facilitated one manual RS6 avant in Switzerland (actually rode in it) and one in Moscow, but I never bothered to ask whether it was an avant or not.

Very soon there will be two S6s (in name only) with RS6 exterior and drivetrain and the 6MT. Mine will be one of them.

Therefore, my 'skip' comment is out of snootiness. :)

trev0006
May 17th, 2014, 08:47
damn would love a manual, my friends car is auto and love it but manual would be epic.

DHall1
May 18th, 2014, 06:41
The GIAC hits keep coming.

"I have a GIAC tune and my car is running lean" What is wrong???????

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/597063-Allroad-Stage-1-Dyno-Results-Lean?p=9762182#post9762182

Look boss.....de proof, de proof

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s532/03RSTT/giacchip_zps29e59f6a.jpg

May 18th, 2014, 21:24
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Audi-RS6-RS6-/261480563855?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276#ht_1023wt_1190

Back to the original thread...two comments come to mind...."I see the stupid money has shown up".....and of course "what did the other one sell for?"

bmlee007
May 18th, 2014, 22:16
The down side of this is that the seller is trying to capitalize on a dead celebrity to sell something for far more than it is worth. I think most of us would love to purchase this car for a reasonable price, just for the rarity of it, but could give less than half-a-$hit who owned it previously. $45k and still hasn't met reserve? It isn't going to be bought by a car guy (or girl), but most likely by a celeb chaser with deep pockets who will put it in a warehouse and let it gather mothballs with all the other cars they don't drive.

DHall1
May 19th, 2014, 05:48
Yeah, it ends up at Barrett Jackson next year.

100,000 mile worn ol station wagon.

It was nice to see it surface for whatever the reason....good luck to the new owner and turn up the juice on that GIAC baby

lswing
May 20th, 2014, 00:05
Now at $53,100....boy is someone going to be sorry when they have to drop another $10-15k, or worse....hope they clean up the tune. I heard reports that some of the GIAC tunes weren't as lean as others, heard, and would never touch it....

nistah
May 20th, 2014, 03:22
Interesting action on this auction & also surprising that the reserve is set higher than $53,000 however with 46 bids it looks like price has room to melt up further in the 4 days leading up to auction end.

SteveKen
May 20th, 2014, 04:00
Considering US federalization would cost $40k according to Scotty, it's a reasonable amount at $53k.

GIAC tune can be easily remedied by reflashing it back to stock or going to another tune for less than $1k.

Unless you can obtain one of the other already federalized avants for a steal, then it's not crazy to expect to have $60k plus invested in an avant built at the factory since you're $0 car value cost is still $40k.

You wanna play you gotta pay, right.

scottmandu
May 22nd, 2014, 02:50
Considering US federalization would cost $40k according to Scotty, it's a reasonable amount at $53k.

Estimate 20-25K for a decent car, 5K for shipping, 60K cash for bonds, 15K for federalization... You are supposed to get the 50K back after the car is legal though.

There are 3 RS6 avants in the USA that I know of This car, Shokan's car that was totalled and sold through copart in Houston TX back in 20005-2006 IIRC, and this Red on I have at the shop. I've heard a rumor that there is one in Dallas and I've read documentation through the feds that 5 have been privately imported.

na1mt
May 22nd, 2014, 03:04
My GIAC tune was just fine.....Pat commented how it was "spot on" if I recall. Marc (10secS4) also reviewed the logs and stated it was a good tune. Seems the ones that gave the issue were all the original solder in chips and not the flashed version. Has anyone other than myself posted their logs with the flashed version?

lswing
May 22nd, 2014, 03:22
Estimate 20-25K for a decent car, 5K for shipping, 60K cash for bonds, 15K for federalization... You are supposed to get the 50K back after the car is legal though.

There are 3 RS6 avants in the USA that I know of This car, Shokan's car that was totalled and sold through copart in Houston TX back in 20005-2006 IIRC, and this Red on I have at the shop. I've heard a rumor that there is one in Dallas and I've read documentation through the feds that 5 have been privately imported.

I noticed a green one while browsing the Texas Audi site, probably the Dallas car.

Up to $59,200...reserve not met...

Bigglezworth
May 22nd, 2014, 05:26
Crazy car owners. Egad. lol I'm content in waiting another three years and importing a 2002 fora third the price this one is coming in at.

SteveKen
May 22nd, 2014, 15:39

So maybe you can school me in the federalization process. Does this mean that this car has had the battery removed from the spare tire well and put in the trunk? Then again, I assume the battery in the trunk vs. spare tire well is a US DOT safety issue vs. US market demanding to have a spare tire?

I would have liked to see what configuration Shokan's old car had when I visited them last year, but it wasn't on site....

LIRS6
May 22nd, 2014, 21:06

and there's this one (i know the owner) :

DHall1
May 23rd, 2014, 02:29
So then its 4?

May 23rd, 2014, 04:28
$60.4.....wow....42 hours to go....reserve not met?! I'm guessing I should have invested in RS6 avants instead of the stock market for the last few years......

Brav
May 23rd, 2014, 19:23

15k Federalization - through which importer? I have considered doing this. I know G&K did many Ferraris, don't know who did the RS6s.

lswing
May 25th, 2014, 03:23
Didn't go for $61,500, reserve not met, going to keep sitting....

Bigglezworth
May 25th, 2014, 16:13
When you see stuff like this, you seriously have to question the sanity of people with a 'got to have it at all cost' mentality. Is the Avant really something that those of us in NA must have at all cost? We have the Saloon which is every bit as good, carries the same amount of people, but doesn't carry as much luggage... I don't know guys, but even though I would like to have a wagon due to some of the things my lifestyle would benefit from (stuffing the Great Dane in the back vs. on the reat seats...), I just can't get past the logic of what I just witnessed with this auction. If it has something to do with 'Bollywood' star status, then that is even sadder.

DHall1
May 26th, 2014, 07:48
I was out at 30.

Its just a 90k mile fast wagon that has had everything under the hood messed with and a crappy tune it's whole life.

Im good with my stable and my engines are running at peak numbers. Oil reports are golden on both rides.

Q5 TDI is most likely next.

When you see stuff like this, you seriously have to question the sanity of people with a 'got to have it at all cost' mentality. Is the Avant really something that those of us in NA must have at all cost? We have the Saloon which is every bit as good, carries the same amount of people, but doesn't carry as much luggage... I don't know guys, but even though I would like to have a wagon due to some of the things my lifestyle would benefit from (stuffing the Great Dane in the back vs. on the reat seats...), I just can't get past the logic of what I just witnessed with this auction. If it has something to do with 'Bollywood' star status, then that is even sadder.

lswing
May 26th, 2014, 17:56
If I had cash I'd be up at the 35k range on this, nice seats, wheels, roll the dice on engine damage. Owned by who?, I could care less...

scottmandu
May 27th, 2014, 14:13
15k Federalization - through which importer? I have considered doing this. I know G&K did many Ferraris, don't know who did the RS6s.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/web_RI_list01122006.html

fbatwork
May 28th, 2014, 01:55
Three more years and we can import to Canada for the shipping ($3500 in a container), 5% on the purchase price and an inspection...

jibberjive
May 31st, 2014, 10:23
http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/web_RI_list01122006.html
That list is from 2006, just a heads up.

kismetcapitan
June 1st, 2014, 09:41
I just came across this while doing some glum searching about RS6 Avants. I just bought my wife a Mercedes ML350, and it was a compromise - she likes small zippy cars. If my RS6 was an avant, we would have never had to get into the SUV game as I'd more than happily drive the family cargo hauler.

We looked at X5Ms and ML63 AMGs...but that's a lot of money for performance I've already got sitting in my garage, and both cars might "corner well for SUVs" but they SUCK compared to the RS6, which in itself is decent but not outstanding compared to true sports cars.

So yeah, it wasn't until this past week that I started wishing hard my car was a station wagon. Not to the point where I'd pay stupid money for one, or act on the thoughts I've had about buying an S6 Avant and transplanting the guts of my car into that chassis. But enough to grumble and feel MUCH more empathetic to the "why won't Audi import the damned Avant" semtiment here.

kismetcapitan
June 1st, 2014, 09:52
I am just curious as to why the car would not be RHD - given that it was imported from Japan. I presume that Audi made RHD versions for the UK, Australia, Japan mkts etc...

The Japanese prefer LHD cars for premium luxury vehicles. It's inconvenient as hell - I drove a RHD Skyline GT-R in Korea, where they drive on the right side of the road. It's a pain. But it goes back to when Japan was developing and the wealthy imported LHD German cars. I heard that some roads have tollbooths set up for LHD cars - that line would be for the rich only. I was in Tokyo in 2010 on business and wandered into the BMW dealer there as I was bored and it was next to my hotel. All the cars were RHD except for the 7-series, which were all LHD. Yep.

kismetcapitan
June 1st, 2014, 09:57

somewhere in the fuel map is a problem where it's letting the AFR rise to 14~16:1 under boost. That may be fine at a highway cruise at 10% throttle, but under boost the temps will rise very quickly and melt things. Stoic AFR may be 14.7:1, but in practice, when an engine is under load, you need extra fuel to act as a coolant.

kismetcapitan
June 1st, 2014, 10:06
So maybe you can school me in the federalization process. Does this mean that this car has had the battery removed from the spare tire well and put in the trunk? Then again, I assume the battery in the trunk vs. spare tire well is a US DOT safety issue vs. US market demanding to have a spare tire?

I would have liked to see what configuration Shokan's old car had when I visited them last year, but it wasn't on site....

I'm also curious as to what the federalization process for RS6 Avants entails; I'm going to guess that part of the reason it's possible in the first place is due to the sedans being homologated in the USA.

Moving my battery was a PITA but well worth the hassle. I recently discovered that BMW stuck the battery in what would have been the spare tire well of some X5s, so I think we got stuck with the weird battery location due to our cars needing spare tires for the US market (I think Audi felt that Americans would freak out over not having a spare). I'd be surprised if it were for federalization reasons (if so, how has BMW been doing it for years in many cars...like the original 1988 M cars).

lswing
June 1st, 2014, 20:39
somewhere in the fuel map is a problem where it's letting the AFR rise to 14~16:1 under boost. That may be fine at a highway cruise at 10% throttle, but under boost the temps will rise very quickly and melt things. Stoic AFR may be 14.7:1, but in practice, when an engine is under load, you need extra fuel to act as a coolant.

12.5:1 AFR under full boost here...

mik15
June 2nd, 2014, 05:41
speaking of RS6 Avant, i have found one here which was recently imported from Japan, the car has 40k miles, haven't yet seen it personally but got in touch with the guy and thinking of getting it, possibly for less than $20k, i am not anyway eager to spend more as the car has no service history. However what really concerns me is the fact that being a Japanese version it will not have the hot country package and i am not really sure how will that cope with the high summer temperatures we get here, yeah, eventually the car will be taken back to Europe when we will leave, but until then it will stay here...of course the other things would have to be accounted for as well, such as GB and DRC :)

kismetcapitan
June 2nd, 2014, 10:00
I've been to Dubai, it's REALLY hot there :P

The first RS6 I ever drove was in Korea, but it was a UAE-market car that some executive brought back to Korea, with Arabic warnings here and there.

The hot weather package with the motorized sunshades, solar panel moonroof blah blah, IMHO all you really need are the extra radiators which that Japanese car might have; all US cars have them. You might also think about the Sportec cooling mod; it cost about $10 in parts, took me maybe 30min to cut the slots into the undertray and I'm not exactly that great at fabrication. It really made a huge difference in keeping cool.

Brav
June 2nd, 2014, 17:42
speaking of RS6 Avant, i have found one here which was recently imported from Japan, the car has 40k miles, haven't yet seen it personally but got in touch with the guy and thinking of getting it, possibly for less than $20k, i am not anyway eager to spend more as the car has no service history. However what really concerns me is the fact that being a Japanese version it will not have the hot country package and i am not really sure how will that cope with the high summer temperatures we get here, yeah, eventually the car will be taken back to Europe when we will leave, but until then it will stay here...of course the other things would have to be accounted for as well, such as GB and DRC :)

For what its worth, it may be convenient to have the solar panel/air recirc for you, but I doubt it makes a huge difference. On the engine side, I ripped out the entire secondary radiator plumbing setup and it runs perfectly fine in 100F weather. Many have done this. I suspect that if you modified the undertray like others have done with the gurney flap, the cooling ability will be adequate for your climate, as long as you aren't continually doing WOT runs to 180mph in 120F weather. Also got rid of them so you wont heat-soak your intercoolers..

dannyboy
June 7th, 2014, 02:37
I guess it didn't sell.... Back on ebay for round 2