PDA

View Full Version : Front Power Steering and Oil Cooler w/ 4 Lines! Please Help!

nistah
May 13th, 2014, 20:34
Need to enlist the help of the RS6.com community, my beast has been down for quite a while with leaking Oil Cooler/Lines issue. :vgrumpy:

I am looking to source the front power steering and oil cooler w/ 4 lines, hopefully from a beast that is being parted out as these parts are super expensive from the dealer and to further complicate this is not a covered component under my service contract/extended warranty.

As of a few months ago this part was not avaliable from Shokan. If anyone can direct me to a source that has this part at a reasonable price I will be beyond elated.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide with this. Really want to get back on the road :addict:

SteveKen
May 13th, 2014, 20:51
The oil cooler has lines from the engine and transmission.

Are you in need of these items?

The lines from the power steering are separate and the cooler is essentially a hard line loop in front of the A/C condenser.

If you need the braided stainless transmission lines, I think I have them.

FYI, the oil cooler lines at the sandwich plate where the filter mounts are a bitch to get tightened. I've got a crow foot that I use and try and do it when it's hot.

Also, the p/s lines where they attach to the cooling loop tend to leak, too. It's just an oetiker clamp joining the hose to the cooler lines. I've cleaned and re-crimped new clamps on then and they can still leak. It's tricky.

If you need an oil cooler, I think Scott DeWitt (advancedautomotion.com) has at least one of them.

yokust
May 14th, 2014, 00:38
I have all the engine and trans lines, I have a cooler also BUUUUT one of the fittings is messed. Whoever took it off before me cross threaded it on, and I just used the cooler from my other car

May 14th, 2014, 03:39
When I had P/S issues of moaning and groaning I just cut the original crimps to drain the fluid and put hose clamps on it. The cooler I assume you are referring to is the trans/oil cooler. One small radiator for the transmission and oil. What's wrong with your trans/oil cooler that it needs replacing? Maybe just a hose or a loose connection?

nistah
May 14th, 2014, 06:35
Are you in need of these items?

The lines from the power steering are separate and the cooler is essentially a hard line loop in front of the A/C condenser.

If you need the braided stainless transmission lines, I think I have them.

If you need an oil cooler, I think Scott DeWitt (advancedautomotion.com) has at least one of them.

Thank you I need to have my mechanic review what we need and I will get back with you once he tell me more info on what we need to get back on the road. Thank you!!!

nistah
May 14th, 2014, 06:39
I have all the engine and trans lines, I have a cooler also BUUUUT one of the fittings is messed. Whoever took it off before me cross threaded it on, and I just used the cooler from my other car
Yokust, Thank you!! I need to get this info over to my mechanic to determine what we need, but if you have an entire set of lines that sounds ideal, will reach out to you as soon as I know what is what. Really appreciate the response, I want to get my beast back up & running. Cheers!

nistah
May 14th, 2014, 06:54
When I had P/S issues of moaning and groaning I just cut the original crimps to drain the fluid and put hose clamps on it. The cooler I assume you are referring to is the trans/oil cooler. One small radiator for the transmission and oil. What's wrong with your trans/oil cooler that it needs replacing? Maybe just a hose or a loose connection?

Was leaking slow but steady so thought that needed to be addressed when the beast was sent in for control arms. We have discussed bypassing the power steering as a temporary fix until we can resolve the issue, is that what you did? Yes is in front of radiator power steering trans/oil cooler which is rectangle in shape. Something is wrong with the lines….the actual oil cooler we were thinking of sending to clean/reman to see it that will work. Thanks for your help!!

nistah
May 17th, 2014, 15:03
Steveken & Yokust you have PM's