PDA

View Full Version : 6 speed swap

RM_RS6
May 8th, 2014, 14:47
So now that I have to face the facts and the options of my trans slipping I need to really weigh my options. Contemplating in doing the 6 speed swap. Would the trans listed below work????

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=360903263091

Audi A6 6 Speed Manual Transmission OEM

SteveKen
May 8th, 2014, 15:17
Yes. Any us spec 01E will work as long as it's not from an allroad. allroads have a different front diff ratio.

Bigglezworth
May 8th, 2014, 17:08
Yes. Any us spec 01E will work as long as it's not from an allroad. allroads have a different front diff ratio.Ken, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can use the Allroad as long as you swap out the rear diff OR swap out the front diff in the O1E. Ultimately it's important for anyone performing this swap to understand AWD cars required same gearing for front and rear.. :)

Tim

DHall1
May 8th, 2014, 18:25
I posted in your other thread.

audis4parts has one complete 6sp swap kit ready. it has everything and they have now upgraded the transmisstions. All the needed bits are included. Just buy Stevekens kit and your ready.

scottmandu
May 8th, 2014, 18:51
You can use the Allroad trans provided you use the Allroad Rear diff.

Advanced Automotion (my shop) have the swaps as well which feature the OEM upgraded New style 1-2 shifter parts (most overhauls are the Old style parts) as well as diesel ratios etc.

RM_RS6
May 8th, 2014, 19:13
You can use the Allroad trans provided you use the Allroad Rear diff.

Advanced Automotion (my shop) have the swaps as well which feature the OEM upgraded New style 1-2 shifter parts (most overhauls are the Old style parts) as well as diesel ratios etc.
I was considering doing the 6 speed swap but not sure if i want to risk such a conversion, unless someone can do it safely with out any CEL lights coming on and no problems cheaper than the rebuild at 517. What is the price on getting the job done?? I am interested because id o have to get this problem resolved asap...

SteveKen
May 8th, 2014, 19:38
I was considering doing the 6 speed swap but not sure if i want to risk such a conversion, unless someone can do it safely with out any CEL lights coming on and no problems cheaper than the rebuild at 517. What is the price on getting the job done?? I am interested because id o have to get this problem resolved asap...

I've said it before that I can probably do a turn-key conversion for $8-8500. This includes labor. Drive it to Pittsburgh and give me a couple weeks..... I'm not in the business, but should finally have some room to work with the S6/RS6 project getting ready to move under it's own power.

Currently the hard part is getting the parts locally. Scotty and Bryan have cornered the market on all the goodies needed for the mechanical conversion...

mdegracia
May 8th, 2014, 20:12
AMD has the tune worked out to adjust the dash lights.
You will also need an abs module from an s6 or w8 VW.