PDA

View Full Version : Extreme summer tires: B-stone RE-11

G2
May 4th, 2014, 07:56
Anyone else tried this tire? Just put a set on today....

hahnmgh63
May 4th, 2014, 14:27
Don't think right now, and the tire tests agree, that I could look at anything else but the Pilot Super Sports. The RE-11's pretty much tied the Yoko Advan AD-08 in the last C&D test but the Michelin's were out front a bit, and Tire Rack's test confirms the same.

G2
May 4th, 2014, 20:55
PSS's were the bogey, but for $750 rolling couldn't pass it up.

Bigglezworth
May 4th, 2014, 21:41
Anyone else tried this tire? Just put a set on today....My buddy runs these on his M5. Seems happy enough with them. I just put a set of Pzero's on the one ride here again. Came across a set of 4 w/ 8/32" in the local paper for $350. Can stomach not having the Rolls Royce of tires for that price. :)

Corbett
May 4th, 2014, 23:23
I run these on my superleggeras and they are an awesome tire! I have no complaints.

G2
May 5th, 2014, 01:18
I run these on my superleggeras and they are an awesome tire! I have no complaints.

What are those vehicles? Street and or track use?

Bigglezworth
May 5th, 2014, 02:24
What are those vehicles? Street and or track use?Superleggera is a coach term for super light. Used by some of the Italian car manufacturers to label models that have been lightened. Otherwise they are one of the models that OZ wheels makes. Suspect he means the latter. lol

Corbett
May 5th, 2014, 02:42
Haha sorry guys. I have them in a set of oz superleggera wheels from one of my old b5 s4s. I used them for daily driving and 1/4 mile. They are super quiet, super sticky and they still look brand new even 2 years later. At the 1/4 mile track I ticked off a 1.60 60 foot time which is amazing for a street tire. I have no complaints and I'm currently waiting for my new set of wheels to arrive and then will try to fit an re11 in 265/35/19 on them, otherwise I'm going with super sports

4everRS
May 5th, 2014, 04:32
How in the hell did you get re11's for 750 bucks?!?!?

Did you only put on 2?

PSS's were the bogey, but for $750 rolling couldn't pass it up.

G2
May 6th, 2014, 06:42
How in the hell did you get re11's for 750 bucks?!?!?

Did you only put on 2?
Actually it was 3 tires, got a good deal eh! I just turn left, NASCAR style !
But really, it was a warranty deal. I paid the upgrade cost after a low ball warranty coverage. That after tearing up a set of S04's that were under par.

The RE-11's seem light years ahead....

G2
May 6th, 2014, 06:47
Superleggera is a coach term for super light. Used by some of the Italian car manufacturers to label models that have been lightened. Otherwise they are one of the models that OZ wheels makes. Suspect he means the latter. lol

Thanks, knew that part, but wasn't thinking so acutely at the time to recall OZ wheels-- late afternoon sunday and all. Had various racing bicycles with Superleggera nomenclature. Cheers.

G2
May 6th, 2014, 06:59
Good to hear the RE-11's seem to hold up well, even in hard use. A B5 S4 won't likely be as hard on tires, but is a helpful indicator, relative to the double ton and then some RS6. Thanks Corbett.

Just semi-hammered my first corner tonight (tricky elevation drop, with a compression turn leading to a flat on-ramp). Wife said the car pulled harder than ever. Felt planted and didnt unload and slip like normal, normally at much lower threasholds. No ESP intervention = rocketing onto the freeway.
Semi-amazed, certainly impressed for barely warmed up tires. :bow::bow:

G2
May 6th, 2014, 07:28
And not bad looking either.

G2
August 17th, 2014, 03:41
Drumroll.....made another switch. This time to the PSS's. Taking it easy on them for now.

Anyone else with 275/30's?

lswing
August 17th, 2014, 03:52
Drumroll.....made another switch. This time to the PSS's. Taking it easy on them for now.

Anyone else with 275/30's?

Nice! I've only run a few quality summer performance tires before, but man am really impressed with the PSS. Stock size for me on 18's. I call it a feeling of driving on giant erasers, super sticky on dry, and felt very controlled in wet.

Bigglezworth
August 17th, 2014, 06:12
As luck would have it, I stumbled across a used set of PSS's with 75% tread left for $300 skins. I dropped them off at the shop this afternoon and will be rolling on them for Monday evening. Certain to be an improvement to the PZero's. :)

kruat
August 17th, 2014, 06:44
I had a set of RE-11's on my S4, great tire. Good ride, great handling, but crappy tire life. I think I only got about 7k out of them.

G2
August 17th, 2014, 06:46
Good stuff. Nice used tire purchase.

The new PSS's seem to have mostly solved my biggest issues: flat spotting when parking over night. And the intense ride quality hardness (B-stone S04's and RE11's).

Surprised how noisy the PSS are, seem to have a certain resonance about them. Can even feel it thru my feet and hands at certain speeds. But otherwise are very supple riding for being so low and wide.

See how they handle after their first rebalance (not off to a good start). Given up on the local tire shops (nice guys and all). Buying my own machines. Have a heady shop equipment deal pending with that and other goodies.

lswing
August 17th, 2014, 07:04
Interesting, I've had to balance mine over, and over, and over....sometimes perfect, or close. Aaron at TireSport in Eugene is good. Seems to be a wear or maybe just a heavy/firm tire that's picky. But I've also lost wheel weights...

MaxRS6
August 17th, 2014, 11:40
... But I've also lost wheel weights...

I routinely had wheel weights coming off (especially at track events). I switched to the 3M weights and these suckers do not come off.

http://www.tooltopia.com/3m-automotive-61403.aspx?utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=sc&scpid=40&scid=scsho6821781

http://www.tooltopia.com/_img/MMM/MMM61403.jpg

Dmb408
August 17th, 2014, 16:24
i ran 275/30s on PS2's and the Bimotos.

G2
August 24th, 2014, 00:54
The new tire machines are shipping monday. See how far out of whack these PSS's are. The AS-3's are very stable balance wise. The operator is just as important as the machine itself.....