PDA

View Full Version : TSW Nurburgring wheels

Beardown1
April 29th, 2014, 20:15
Has anyone run these on their RS6? I want to switch from 19" to 18" as the roads in Michigan suck.

Specs: 18x8.5 ET 32

RAUDI
April 29th, 2014, 23:41
The guy Timmmmmy had them on his Judas project.

deforest
April 30th, 2014, 01:26
Has anyone run these on their RS6? I want to switch from 19" to 18" as the roads in Michigan suck.

Specs: 18x8.5 ET 32

Yes, I have them on mine.

You might have to pick and choose what corners they are installed on after balancing. I had my wheel and tire combo road-force balanced and one of the weights ended up in a location that would put it very close to the front calipers.

Another tip: 65mm center cap decals will very closely match these centers. They're a couple mm small but you only notice it if you're really looking for it.

Beardown1
April 30th, 2014, 02:29
Thanks for the info guys. Deforest do you have any pics? Are yours the same specs? I was thinking of a 5mm spacer.....that should help with clearance???

lswing
April 30th, 2014, 03:24
I think G2 was running them, looked good, but cut edges and finishing you can tell they are cheaper.

G2
April 30th, 2014, 04:11
I own a set. They are a fine wheel and likely the strongest and lightest for the money. A couple hard-ish hits and still perfectly true. Says a lot for 19x9.5" wide hoops.

Not cheap looking at all, but are cheap to buy. Looks far sportier than OE and much lighter, too.

deforest
April 30th, 2014, 18:20
Thanks for the info guys. Deforest do you have any pics? Are yours the same specs? I was thinking of a 5mm spacer.....that should help with clearance???

Yes, same specs. Fit is very close to the front suspension 'nub' but clears and after an entire summer last year I saw no evidence of rubbing on the tire (Pilot Sports). I run without spacers but may also go with 5mm especially on the rear (see photo). These wheels will need the hubcentric rings also if you don't have them. I bought the 'installation kit' from Discount Tire Direct which had the rings and new lugs.

I have had a couple hard hits (rural upstate ny roads) and have had no issues with bending.

Sorry for the parking lot photos...

Beardown1
May 1st, 2014, 04:26
G2 & deforest.......great info. Thanks!