PDA

View Full Version : how to turn off solar cabin fan?

rickbaker
April 24th, 2014, 23:41
2003 rs6, solar cabin fan never turns off, running down battery. is there a way to just turn it off for good? thanks so much!!! rick

MaxRS6
April 25th, 2014, 00:12
If I recall correctly, tape over the contacts in the moon roof opening. Then the thing will think the roof is open and will not run the fan. I think some folks do it to keep it from fogging up the inside. Maybe others will chime in with mo details.

BTW- Welcome aboard and you will be hit with "Must post pics of the RS6" for our eyes..00

lswing
April 25th, 2014, 05:25
2003 rs6, solar cabin fan never turns off, running down battery. is there a way to just turn it off for good? thanks so much!!! rick

Don't think that's right. Solar sunroof powers fan directly. You've got another problem...mine only runs with sun, and varies by intensity of sun. Maybe somebody has messed up the wiring? How old is your battery?

But none of this can be proven without details and pics of your car.

rickbaker
April 25th, 2014, 14:23
Taping the contacts worked! Thanks all for your efforts!

MaxRS6
April 25th, 2014, 19:00
As Lswing describes- the fix will fail unless pics/details are posted.. ;0

hahnmgh63
April 26th, 2014, 01:02
I also think Lswing is right. You may have stopped the Solar roof from powering the fan but that shouldn't have anything to do with stopping your battery drain issue. We'll see?

MaxRS6
April 26th, 2014, 01:35
I also think Lswing is right. You may have stopped the Solar roof from powering the fan but that shouldn't have anything to do with stopping your battery drain issue. We'll see?

+3- There is an Energy Dracula feeding