PDA

View Full Version : Installing MTM hood vents...

Del Stator
April 24th, 2014, 16:56
Can someone tell me how the MTM hood vents install?

I am hoping that they somehow screw together and clam shell onto either side of the hood.

Thanks for any information from someone that has first hand knowledge.

DHall1
April 24th, 2014, 21:45
Not exactly the question but I have the headshot version hood vent templates.

There was talk the location is better.

Del Stator
April 25th, 2014, 16:39
I didn't know about one being a better placement than the other. Obviously one is going to be better than the other.

I am flip flopping by the hour/day on which one to use. Obviously Champion moved to the two reverse cut hood design but MTM doesn't really half ass much of anything....so internet lore says..

Even though the overall aesthetics of the MTM leaves something to be desired, it is starting to grow on me. Depending on how it is installed, I might like the fit and finish of the MTM better.

If I can get the dual reverse cut installed and it look OE then I am interested. I know that assumes a competent body guy but I am not sure even with that that it will look like Audi did it.

If the MTM is just cut the hood and screw a two sided vent into place then it is a no brainer for me. It still is stupidly expensive as all MTM products are. The currency conversion moves into silly price range.

I am thinking that doing the MTM vents installed and painted is something in the 4k range....not sure on the installed price doing the custom dual reverse cut yet.

I am venting my hood though...

DHall1
April 25th, 2014, 17:04
Mr Balsen changed from the mtm vents to the headshot version.

They are a huge mtm dealer in france.

If memory serves...just sayin

ben916
April 25th, 2014, 17:57
Mr Balsen changed from the mtm vents to the headshot version.

They are a huge mtm dealer in france.

If memory serves...just sayin

This!!!

Mr Balsen also requested proof, meaning engine compartment temp readings, of the Headshot vented hood.
Headshot provided them and the difference was quite a bit.
The key wasn't the front vents, it was the rear vent.

The MTM hood vents remind me of "ricer racer Evo/WRX" with a DTM wing.

Bigglezworth
April 25th, 2014, 18:06
Someone with a 3D printer should get a decent SolidWorks model drawn up and print a set of vents out.... Would suspect a set could be done for significantly less than what MTM bends one over for.

DHall1
April 25th, 2014, 18:19
crap. I have to find another hood

it's getting hot down here and I have a transmission fluid leak

lswing
April 25th, 2014, 18:40
crap. I have to find another hood

it's getting hot down here and I have a transmission fluid leak

Make me one while you at it...thanks!

Rear output shaft right? At least each time a new trans goes in for me I get new seals, gotta look at the bright side. Oh, and it shifts great again!