PDA

View Full Version : Need one stupid little part - will probably have to buy an entire front bumper

vitalian
April 23rd, 2014, 20:35
The little piece that covers the (totally unnecessary and stupid) headlight washer on the passenger's side of the front bumper fell off my car, leaving an ugly hole. If anyone knows where I might find such a thing, I will owe you big time.

As noted above, I'm thinking I'll probably have to get an entire front bumper in order to replace that little cover piece. If anyone knows where I might find one of those, please let me know.

Do any other Audi models have that same (totally unnecessary and stupid) headlight washer, or am I stuck looking for an RS6 bumper to replace the cover? Info appreciated.

Funny how one stupid little part makes the whole car look like crap.:(

lswing
April 23rd, 2014, 20:54
I would pull the washer nozzles and covers. Have a paint shop attach some fiberglass under the holes, fill and smooth, then paint over. I had a bumper resprayed perfect here in town for $450, a small shop and good price. I bet a good body shop could fix you up for $600?

You can find the piece, color might be tough. Been driving a bit fast have we, parts blowing off the car?

Zmey
April 23rd, 2014, 20:55
Easy, easy. No need for new bumper.
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4.2T/Search/SiteSearch/Washer/ES372300/

lswing
April 23rd, 2014, 20:56
^^^Perfect, you can get it painted for $50 or less....

vitalian
April 24th, 2014, 21:00
Thank you so much!

(And I wish I could claim that things are blowing off my car because I'm driving so fast, but I think the horribly bumpy Seattle streets probably have more to do with it. It's like driving on the freakin' moon!)

ben916
April 24th, 2014, 21:50
Thank you so much!

(And I wish I could claim that things are blowing off my car because I'm driving so fast, but I think the horribly bumpy Seattle streets probably have more to do with it. It's like driving on the freakin' moon!)

Move to Stupidstan (eastside) and you might like the I-90 towards the summit and have the BEAST be free for a bit...

P1054
April 24th, 2014, 22:58
I just purchased one of those ^^^ from ECS tuning, it's OEM and fits perfectly. Got it painted at a local body shop for $25, perfect match to my Ebony Black Pearl. It's insane how much they charge for the part, but the dealer wanted even more (something like $90!!).

lswing
April 25th, 2014, 05:27
Glad to hear it's gonna be a cheap fix..........something I type every few years.

vitalian
April 25th, 2014, 20:42
I just purchased one of those ^^^ from ECS tuning, it's OEM and fits perfectly. Got it painted at a local body shop for $25, perfect match to my Ebony Black Pearl. It's insane how much they charge for the part, but the dealer wanted even more (something like $90!!).

Thanks for the confirmation that this is the correct doohickey -- I'm ordering it right now!

P1054
April 25th, 2014, 23:26
Not a problem, glad to help! I ordered the wrong part the first time, wasted about a week waiting on shipping. It turns out this is one of the parts on our cars that are NOT interchangeable with the C5 A6's. I actually needed the driver side one, which is part number 4B3-955-259-GRU, but the link above is correct for the passenger side, 4B3-955-260-GRU

MaxRS6
April 25th, 2014, 23:35
Glad to hear it's gonna be a cheap fix..........something I type every few years.

LOL- That is said by an experienced owner..