PDA

View Full Version : Front seat wobble...

lswing
April 18th, 2014, 04:14
Anybody else deal with this. I've narrowed down the problem but it keeps popping up. Seat basically rocks back and forth a bit on braking. The plastic gears that are in the power adjust are chipping and wearing out. I can almost get it perfect by moving the seat so the gears will then accept some rolled up tinfoil and mesh together. But if the seat ever gets moved, back to square one.

So...new gear assembly, new/used seat? Hmmmmm....

Also, the right lower bolster rubs on the center console making a squeaking noise, driving me crazy, might try some conditioners or tape. Need to get this rat trap cleaned up! :D

Other_Erik
April 18th, 2014, 11:50
Second'ing same problem with the seat rocking back and forth. It's a coinflip between new plastic gears from Audi or source stainless parts and have to hit them with white lithium grease

If you want to get rid of the squeak from the bolster to the center console, get yourself a bottle of leather conditioner, run the seat all the way back so you can reach the area that's rubbing, and apply the leather conditioner liberally, let dry, repeat.

O_E

alrightroad
April 20th, 2014, 01:53
It's a little plastic clip which wears out over time. I had this in my allroad. will find link and post... stand by.

alrightroad
April 20th, 2014, 01:57
Rich's DIY...
http://forums.quattroworld.com/allroad/msgs/137981.phtml

lswing
April 20th, 2014, 17:44
Thanks, got the tinfoil wedged in good yesterday, plenty of conditioner applied, better.

Its actually the gear cluster that raises up and down, some "engineer" decided to make half the gears plastic...meshing with metal, hmmmm.

Dmb408
April 24th, 2014, 16:21
i have that squeak but it is actually the plastic stem to the driver's side seat belt receiver rubbing again the plastic base of the seat, i folded up a playbill once from a play and shoved it between and it solved it but then i lost that during a car detail a few weeks back so i am back to squeaking.

i have the seat issue too though. isn't this a safety issue to be technical, any additional seat movement?

Turbowned
April 26th, 2014, 21:47
Drives me bonkers too. Also, the rear RH seat hinge squeaks going over bumps. Gotta figure out what to do. Then on my way out to NY my stocky friend sat in the front pass. seat and caused the seat bolster to rub against the center console and squeak like crazy. I haaaaate these noises!