PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on Value?

Wipit1
April 3rd, 2014, 15:46
Want to sell an RS 6 and looking for input on asking price so thought I would consult the experts.

Clean, 2003 Audi RS6 Quattro AT5 with only 28,871 miles in good condition. Daytona Grey Pearl Effect exterior, silver interior, 4.2 liter, 450 hp, DOHC V8, with 5-speed automatic transmission. Four link front suspension with Electronic Differential Lock and Electronic Stabilization Program. Includes Audi Navigation system and warm weather package with solar sun roof, and power rear window sunshade. Also includes sound enhancing exhaust system with black exhaust tips, rear side airbag supplemental restraints, carbon fiber interior trio, and phone cradle with bracket.

No-kids, non-smoker, garaged vehicle. Original owner and maintenance records are available. Located in Michigan (outside Detroit). KBB suggests selling for (high end) $32,000. Any suggestions on selling price? Thanks.

DHall1
April 5th, 2014, 18:58
better check early or late vin.

if early vin.....look for trans or tc replacement or the dime will be on you very soon.

if late vin......you are golden with a full ppi and vag com data log to prove its stock.

if its flashed......you must obtain a full data log under wot.

period

Other_Erik
April 7th, 2014, 18:43
Want to sell an RS 6 and looking for input on asking price so thought I would consult the experts.

Clean, 2003 Audi RS6 Quattro AT5 with only 28,871 miles in good condition. Daytona Grey Pearl Effect exterior, silver interior, 4.2 liter, 450 hp, DOHC V8, with 5-speed automatic transmission. Four link front suspension with Electronic Differential Lock and Electronic Stabilization Program. Includes Audi Navigation system and warm weather package with solar sun roof, and power rear window sunshade. Also includes sound enhancing exhaust system with black exhaust tips, rear side airbag supplemental restraints, carbon fiber interior trio, and phone cradle with bracket.

No-kids, non-smoker, garaged vehicle. Original owner and maintenance records are available. Located in Michigan (outside Detroit). KBB suggests selling for (high end) $32,000. Any suggestions on selling price? Thanks.

Totally bone stock? No ECU/TCU Flash? All everything original? Carbon Fiber interior or woodgrain?

What's the VIN number? Anything <905600 for the last 6 digits, likely deduct ~$5k for Fidelity Platinum coverage needed.

Service records - being 10 years old, I'd hope it's had its 35k miles service with timing belt, rollers, water pump, etc... Elsewise knock another ~$2k off for timing belt service from an independent shop. Recall notices all buttoned up? DRC system drained and recharged, gas tank rollover nipple issue fixed?

Pre-Purchase Inspection - with the mileage so low from original owner, I'd maybe even recommend a full "CPO-Equivalent" inspection for further peace of mind. PPI costs ~1-1.5hrs of labor, CPO-Equivalent is 4-6 hours labor. Either way, its a great way to hand potential buyers a report that says "Audi says this car is in great shape."

Good luck!