PDA

View Full Version : Affording an RS6...

Marcinek
November 21st, 2003, 00:00
Well hey guys. I'm 16, and am planning to go to college soon. After going to college, I plan to attend an English Medical School in Krakow, Poland. I want to be a surgeon, not sure what type. Now, I noticed that most of you actually own an RS6, and you are not just fans. So, I was curious, what do you guys do for a living to afford such a...how should I explain it...SEXY car? I'm a big fan of Audi, and especially the RS6 and RS4. I would like to own a future Audi RSx. These are around $80,000 cars, and you must have made that salad somehow...just curious!:alig:

gregoryindiana
November 21st, 2003, 01:23
Marcinek;

I don't know well enough to say if your desire to go to medical school in Poland is because you are of Polish ancestry. I am sure that Polish medical schools are excellent, especially if you want to practice medicine in Poland.

And I don't have any idea of what doctors of any type, even surgeons, earn in any other country besides the US. However, if I were a resident of the US, and wanted to end up as a surgeon in the US, I would certainly think that my best chances for success would be if I attended a US medical school.

If you want to be a surgeon in the US, you will need to be Board Certified by the American College of Surgeons. To be eligible to take that combination written and oral exam, you need to have done a minimum 5 year residency in surgery at an accredited residency training program in the US.

Now why do you think, with graduates of US medical schools applying to get into those residency programs, that it would be anything but more difficult if you are trying to get chosen ahead of those candidates with an MD degree from Poland? No reason I can think of.

Good luck with your goals, and remember that most of the owners of RS6 and many other Audis were driving much lesser cars for a long time, or at least driving used Audis before they could justify/afford the car they ultimately own.

Marcinek
November 21st, 2003, 03:04
Thanks, I'm sure going to try to reach those goals. Well, I'm planning on going to school in Poland, then coming back to the US for my residency. The US medical community accepts the degrees from this school. In fact, my parents know a number of people who have gone there and are now currently surgeons in various parts of the US. The fact that most RS6 drivers drove lesser cars before owning an RS6 is very true..hehe. With me getting my first car soon, it's not gonna be anything fast. But when I go to Europe for my degree, i'll be sure to visit the Autobahn more than a few times...:devil:

xscream
November 21st, 2003, 10:15
One good way to afford an RS6 is to live in a country with decent taxes :)

Here in sweden 60% of what you earn goes to taxes.
Then after that you pay extra tax if you have a large house, a car, a boat, etc. (I just have one thing to say to the gov. here :byeM5: )

But, ssssh, you are not really allowed to talk shit about our taxes, schools, roads etc. Around here ppl will avoid you etc for doing so :rolleyes:

Back to the topic:
Get a good job, and then decide how much of your "life" you want to spend in the car ;) A surgeon is probably a good idea. Go 4 it :)

You could live in a trailerpark to save enought for the RS6.
Or you could have a lifestyle that justifies the car :D

BR

Marcinek
November 21st, 2003, 23:17
Whoa, scream, that sounds a little like communism...People really do hate you because you disagree with the government? Well see, me living here in the US, I kind of...argue about government. Everyone here does. Well anyways, I'm in the process of getting my drivers license, and a car is all I think about now. But I'll see, I still have a long time until I can afford a...BEAST.