PDA

View Full Version : 0-60 Performance?

t4rs6
March 25th, 2014, 22:23
So i just got a Racelogic Performance data logger. These things suppose to be very accurate. Ran 4 times in a side street next to my house and best performance i got was 5.3 seconds. That was quite disappointing since the car also has a mild tune. I figured i would be in low 4s. Any ideas?
FYI, I used sport mode gear and just smashed the pedal. Any special technique to use?

lswing
March 25th, 2014, 23:36
Log data using Ross tech vag-com to see your boost and timing. You should be around 4.5 seconds at least. I used sport mode also.

Something sounds off. I did a video time and was 4.3-4.5 estimated and that was before water meth, Wagners, and slight tune improvement.

Winter or crap gas won't help you. Octane and Ethanol percentage?

t4rs6
March 26th, 2014, 00:08
Log data using Ross tech vag-com to see your boost and timing. You should be around 4.5 seconds at least. I used sport mode also.

Something sounds off. I did a video time and was 4.3-4.5 estimated and that was before water meth, Wagners, and slight tune improvement.

Winter or crap gas won't help you. Octane and Ethanol percentage?

Thanks for the reply. I just got the car 2 weeks ago so not familiar with log data methods but will research how to get that data. I live in south florida and used 93 octane.

ttboost
March 26th, 2014, 00:25
Stomping on the pedal of a RS6 will get you nothing but disappointment...ease into it quickly...that transmission is smarter than you are....it knows what you are trying to do...4.2-4.5 0-060 should be about right...

JSRS6
March 26th, 2014, 01:00
Leave the smashing to The Hulk. Unless you are already cruising. Then kickdown is a lot of fun :-)

lswing
March 26th, 2014, 01:23
Thanks for the reply. I just got the car 2 weeks ago so not familiar with log data methods but will research how to get that data. I live in south florida and used 93 octane.

Ross-Tech.com, and if there's no ethanol in that 93 you should be good. If you are indeed tuned, maybe just boost leak.

Funny, I actually ease into the throttle for the first half second, then 3/4 or so down which is easily full throttle.

And yes, if you put the throttle to the floor, you'll hit the gear kickdown switch, or trans killer as I like to call it...seems pointless to me.

dab
March 28th, 2014, 15:58
running the apr chip at 100 octane with a piss poor 60 foot time of 2.7 I got 4.1 and 8.8 to 100. Used an android app.

hahnmgh63
March 28th, 2014, 16:43
What they said about ease into it, maybe about 1/2 throttle quickly then ease from there. Also power brake slightly with the ESP button shut off. Not good for the tranny in the long run though.

lswing
March 28th, 2014, 18:19
running the apr chip at 100 octane with a piss poor 60 foot time of 2.7 I got 4.1 and 8.8 to 100. Used an android app.

Hmmm, you still got to figure ballpark numbers with an app, but I bet it's close to what you could/should run on APR 100 all dialed in.

Which app?:)

ben916
March 28th, 2014, 18:58
Rat - duck - foot

ianh755
March 29th, 2014, 18:59
Using left foot braking to raise the revs (bad to the TC though) I managed a 3.9sec 0-60 on some very grippy tarmac. Measured using a 10hz GPS receiver (competitive motorsport grade) and RaceChrono software which is now quite old (hence the Nokia) but still works great.

http://www.ianhenshall.com/audi22.jpg

dab
April 1st, 2014, 04:48
Using left foot braking to raise the revs (bad to the TC though) I managed a 3.9sec 0-60 on some very grippy tarmac. Measured using a 10hz GPS receiver (competitive motorsport grade) and RaceChrono software which is now quite old (hence the Nokia) but still works great.

http://www.ianhenshall.com/audi22.jpg

great 60 ft