PDA

View Full Version : Finally Back Home!

na1mt
March 22nd, 2014, 03:47
After dropping it off at the body shop after Halloween.....I finally picked it up today after an almost 5 1/2 month hiatus. Sure felt nice to take a nice drive after so long going without.

na1mt
March 22nd, 2014, 19:25
Have to go through NJ inspection....so I was trying to clear out codes and get the readiness codes ok and ran into some strange codes:

oxygen (lambda) sensor b2 s1
P0154-004-no activity-intermittent

fuel trim, bank 2(mult)
P1130-001-system too lean- intermittent

fuel trim, bank 1(mult)
P1127-002-system too rich-intermittent

catalyst system, bank 1
P0420-001-efficiency below threshold

catalyst system, bank 2
P0430-001-efficiency below threshold

i would assume that the cat system codes are from not having any, but what about the other three?

na1mt
March 23rd, 2014, 23:22
Drove up to NY this afternoon with another member(RSSIK) and had my CEL taken care of. As a bonus it is quite a bit quicker and faster than when I got in it this morning. It was also confirmed that my GIAC tune was exactly where it should be, despite the bashing it has received over the years from certain folks. I just couldn't deal with the CEL anymore and the fact that I was going to have to acquire inspection stickers for a minimum of $150.

Thanks for the upgrade Marc!! I don't know how you came up with your voodoo magic but it's definitely where it needs to be with your custom tune!

lswing
March 24th, 2014, 03:08
GIAC and Marc's tune? Glad it's sorted, sounds like you're in business!

na1mt
March 24th, 2014, 04:00
No.....I had Marc look at my old logs and he confirmed that it was a good tune and must have been changed from the early ones he and Dhall had that were not so good. I removed the GIAC tune and saved it to my desktop and then he installed his tune. Marc's tune definitely makes more power than GIAC tune.....spools faster and has more up top.

lswing
March 24th, 2014, 05:03
I would hope his tune is better than GIAC, improved or not, but very good to know your car wasn't being damaged. What log sectors were ok or good, lambda, egt? If you get a chance run logs on the new tune, or get on a Dyno with a o2 sniffer, would be great to see. A friends shop is putting a new dynojet right now, looking forward to some new logs and tuning myself!

na1mt
March 24th, 2014, 05:32
I posted the logs on here a while back.....but I had him double check them as well. There are a couple of dynos around here I was contemplating going to see what it actually does. I have a pretty accurate data logger and a place where I can use it to see what 1/4 traps would be in the meantime.