PDA

View Full Version : Relisting with lower price. My RS6 is for sale $24,995

as350
March 15th, 2014, 19:40
PRICE REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE!!! $24,995 - Make me an offer.

Very clean, low mileage 2003 AUDI RS6, Ebony Pearl Effect exterior, Black leather interior.

4.2L twin turbo V8 with 5-speed automatic transmission Tiptronic(R) in pristine condition. Four link front suspension and QUATTRO permanent all-wheel drive system with EDL (Electronic Differential Lock), ABS and ESP (Electronic Stabilization Program). This car has been very rewarding to own and I loved every minute of it. I m selling below KBB estimate to help finance a new house. KBB lists the Private Party Value for excellent condition at $29,425. The car has 61,684 miles on the odometer this morning.

OEM Sound Enhancing sport exhaust with black exhaust tips. OEM alloy 18 wheels with new Hankook Ventus V12evo 255/40/ZR18, heated front and rear seats, 6-CD changer, XM/AM/FM, automatic dual zone climate control with pollen filter, power everything, wood inlays for dash, console and doors, leather/alcantara interior in very good condition. I still have the original window sticker with an MSRP of $85,610.00.

This is a non-smoker, no-kids car that has always been garaged. It has an indoor car cover and is wired for a battery minder trickle charger. This car has a professionally installed and undetectable K-40 Electronics K40-2000 front and rear radar and laser detection system.

Optional HRE 546R wheels with brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/30/ZR19 (new $10K) shown in pictures sold separately but I'll make a deal for any RS6.com forum member. This car currently has an Audi Pure Protection exclusionary platinum warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services which expires on 09/28/2014. Buyer can purchase the remainder of the warranty at cost from me if desired.

Most maintenance records on hand; entire service history on hand. Last scheduled service done was the 55,000 mile inspection. Last week the car returned from the dealership with a fresh cv-joint, a flushed heater core, and a new radiator. Brake pads and discs replaced at 57,425 miles. Last recall completed was the Fuel Tank Valve update. Additional pictures upon request.

lswing
March 15th, 2014, 19:46
Looks clean, nice pedals too.

I thought the diffs were fluid. EDL you say? How does that function?

as350
March 15th, 2014, 21:42
lswing, I took that description off the original window sticker. See the attached picture. Is that not correct?

nubcake
March 15th, 2014, 21:53
They usually mean ASR by that.

JSRS6
March 15th, 2014, 22:02
ASR or Anti Slip Regulation is an electronic program. EDL or Electronic Differential Lock is an electomechanical component of the car. Like most other systems in the car, they all work together to make Quattro what it is.

lswing
March 15th, 2014, 23:24
I found the wiki description, it's basically the traction control. If the dif actually locked as opposed to the brakes grabbing a wheel it would be better just for the rear I believe.

The front and rear axle differentials (ratio: 3.197) are a conventional "open" type, but utilise an "Electronic Differential Lock" (EDL). EDL is an integrated additional function of the Bosch Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) system, and works by monitoring and comparing the individual roadwheel speeds across an axle, and braking an individual wheel which is sensed to have lost traction (spinning), thus transferring torque across the axle to the wheel/tyre which does have grip. "Anti-Slip Regulation" (ASR), more commonly known as traction control system[7] completes the Bosch ESP-related driver aids.

as350
March 16th, 2014, 01:15
Thanks lswing. It reads like a description of what I understand ASR does. So I'm not sure why Audi calls it EDL instead of ASR.

lswing
March 16th, 2014, 05:51
Figure it's just smart marketing by Audi. I've found it's nice to turn the TC of when not cornering much in nasty conditions, more power and knowing what the spinning wheels are doing...

Good luck with sale! What you moving onto?

as350
March 16th, 2014, 06:35
LOL, moving into a washer and dryer. The proceeds of the sale of the RS6 will go towards the unforeseen odds and ends of a new house.

Seriously though, I have a 2013 TTRS with even crazier acceleration and cornering than the RS6 and a Honda CRV for some of the most boring (but reliable) and anemic road-behavior. I would prefer to not put the RS6 up for sale, but reality keeps knocking on the door.

Someone make me an offer!

Turbowned
March 17th, 2014, 15:27
Stupid reality. Tell it to go away and leave us all alone! :thumb:

as350
March 19th, 2014, 18:17
Looks like the second set of wheels will find a new home soon.

The RS6 is still available. Make me an offer!

G2
March 24th, 2014, 05:05
I found the wiki description, it's basically the traction control. If the dif actually locked as opposed to the brakes grabbing a wheel it would be better just for the rear I believe.

The front and rear axle differentials (ratio: 3.197) are a conventional "open" type, but utilise an "Electronic Differential Lock" (EDL). EDL is an integrated additional function of the Bosch Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) system, and works by monitoring and comparing the individual roadwheel speeds across an axle, and braking an individual wheel which is sensed to have lost traction (spinning), thus transferring torque across the axle to the wheel/tyre which does have grip. "Anti-Slip Regulation" (ASR), more commonly known as traction control system[7] completes the Bosch ESP-related driver aids.

Seems they're leaving out the fact that on certain other Audi's, such as the B5, EDL/ASR only works up to about 40MPH.

Play hard at higher speeds, and we're demoted to Open Diffs.....something to keep in mind!

G2
March 24th, 2014, 05:07
AS350: PM sent.