PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a couple annoyances

vr430
March 14th, 2014, 17:30
Now that cold has eased and snow is finally receding, I can devote more time to the Beast. She just turned 150,000 miles and I need to fix a couple of things.

o - Need to replace a bulb in the Headlamp switch bezel - top one is toast.
o - Rear proximity sensors are not working - no sound whatsoever. Don't know if it is sensors themselves or electronics.
o - Can I play music from my phone through bluetooth on RNS-E?
o - What wire should I tap into on the CPU harness so that I can install a battery kill switch to reset my MTM without affecting clock and radio settings.
o - Need to replace middle armrest top.

Any and all help directing me to useful resources is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

DHall1
March 14th, 2014, 19:30
I play Pandora thru a Motorola Roadster. Strong signal and goes with you from car to car.

MORS6
March 14th, 2014, 19:45
Now that cold has eased and snow is finally receding, I can devote more time to the Beast. She just turned 150,000 miles and I need to fix a couple of things.

Any and all help directing me to useful resources is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

The cheap way: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290974501089
Mine has held up well so far.

vr430
March 14th, 2014, 20:27
Thanks MoRS6. Even though their fitment guide does not show compatibility, if it worked for you, it will definitely work for me. Thanks!

Other_Erik
March 19th, 2014, 12:02
o - Need to replace a bulb in the Headlamp switch bezel - top one is toast.
o - Rear proximity sensors are not working - no sound whatsoever. Don't know if it is sensors themselves or electronics.
o - Can I play music from my phone through bluetooth on RNS-E?
o - What wire should I tap into on the CPU harness so that I can install a battery kill switch to reset my MTM without affecting clock and radio settings.

It may be cheaper to replace the headlamp switch bezel as a whole. Total cost for me was ~$50, replaced the old one that had fingernail-scratches, a lot of the rubber coating with directional markers was gone...

On the rear proximity sensors - scan the car with a Vag-Com, see if you get any codes thrown from the sensors. If you do, clear the codes, see if they come back...

Bluetooth to RNS-E requires a bluetooth module of some sort. I picked mine up when I bought my RNS-E from Zawa, was a ~$250 add-on IIRC, is the OEM module. One of these days, I'll get around to removing the OnStar module and replacing with BT...

Kill Switch- I'm not as deep into the electronics of the car as I'd like to be, hopefully someone else can chime in on this...

Armrest- others have already posted up alternatives. Personally, I'd like to get a replacement bracket that'll last more than 3 or 4 uses and swap my original leather onto it, but Upholstery is not my strong suit...

O_E

vr430
March 23rd, 2014, 16:55
Thanks, O_Erik. Yep, I found the other armrest thread. Will look into the entire switch bezel. Need to tap a buddy with Vag to scan rear sensors. My RNS-E already has BT and it works with TEL functions just fine, however, I was wondering if is there a trick to play music from my BT phone through it.