PDA

View Full Version : ECT C Clip

Dmb408
March 14th, 2014, 15:38
C clip backed off on my drive home last night, not fun, thankfully I live about 10 miles from work and it was freezing out. Get home, get airbox off in record time, found a better angle at that darn driver's side airbox bolt. Get to the clip, tie some floss on it, go to push it in, snap. Brittle, it breaks. First thing this morning, go to the Euro parts store around here, by two more, get home, snap, snap. Both were brittle.

Have you guys ever had them snap so bad. The pieces i recovered on the ones that broke totally looked like just bad plastic, you know really gray and dry looking at the point of break.

So I have 5 "OE" ones coming from ECS tomorrow morning and the beast sits in the garage with the engine dropped, oh just kidding, just the airbox off.

DHall1
March 14th, 2014, 16:35
What is an ect c clip?

Dmb408
March 14th, 2014, 16:58
Engine coolant temp sensor c clip

ttboost
March 14th, 2014, 19:44
When I changed my sensor, I put the same clip back on (saved the new one for a spare). You have to make sure you are pushing the sensor down pretty hard to ensure the clip slides in FAIRLY easy...Oh yeah...tie a very small wire or string around it so you never drop it...

Dmb408
March 14th, 2014, 20:16
Ok ill try more elbow grease on the sensor tomorrow.